Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSorry if Trout doesn’t go down with a calve injury
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746738&mesg_id=2746872
2746872, Sorry if Trout doesn’t go down with a calve injury
Posted by Heinz, Tue Sep-21-21 10:38 AM
This whole he is the Angels best hitter argument doesnt even happen because statistically he would be competing with Vlad in all the same categories in my original post just like he does every single year of his career. Being the best pitcher on the Angels isnt an accomplishment. He would be a 3 or 4 on the Mets pitching staff and most big market pitching staffs. Stroman would be the best pitcher if he was on the Angels staff.

He does do both hitting and pitting well. Just not at an MVP level. Based on his stats he is not an elite hitter or pitcher. He could be one day, but put up the numbers to prove it, and put up better numbers than the ones I posted for Vlad. You can’t because he only competes in 2 categories (HRs and OPS) on the offensive side. This is why i say this is all based on feelings and the eye test. It’s an amazing story, but it’s hyperbolic and not based on actual facts/stats.