Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectVladdy should be MVP especially if he wins the Triple Crown
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746738&mesg_id=2746738
2746738, Vladdy should be MVP especially if he wins the Triple Crown
Posted by Heinz, Sun Sep-19-21 10:30 AM
I love what Ohtani is doing and I know he is a unicorn that we haven't seen since Babe Ruth but he needs to put up MVP or Cy Young numbers to win the MVP award. As a hitter he only was leading in HRs. As a pitcher he leads in nothing. Let's be honest on any other staff than the Angels he would be a 2-3-4 pitcher on a staff. His WHIP has him tied with 3 others at 19th. What he is doing is amazing but for him to have the MVP on lock he needs to be more of an elite hitter or pitcher. He isn't. He is as good as Stroman who isn't an ace either.

Vladdy is hands down the best hitter in the entire league this year and only 22years old. He's right there for the Triple Crown and leads in many other categories.

Avg .318 (1st)
Runs 116 (1st)
Hits 173 (1st)
HR 46 (1st)
RBI 104 (t-4th)
OBP .409 (1st)
SLG .615 (1st)
OPS 1.024 (1st)
Total Bases 333 (1st)

Sorry not even being bias, I would probably be more bias for Ohtani because he's asian and would be the first Asian MVP but he just doesn't deserve it over Vladdy.Story wise sure, stat wise it's not even close.