Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCould go either way with Dean...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746063&mesg_id=2746181
2746181, Could go either way with Dean...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Sep-10-21 08:18 AM
..The coaching staff showed a lot of confidence and patience with Dean and I think it'll pay off in the long run.

Things I liked about last night's game:

• Solid protection
• Great Run Defense
• Special teams
• On-field communication (Esp Brady)

Brady was comfortable in the pocket for most of the game and did a great job of making adjustments before the snap (LOL @ Fournette getting lost a few times). The defense was unfortunately tasked with picking up the slack forced by turnovers, but still showed poise. Kudos to special teams for punt coverage and returns.

Things I didn't like in last night's game:

• Turnovers. Godwin & Jones gave a great second effort for yardage, but forgot the #1 rule of possession: protect the ball at all times. Godwin's TO almost gave Dallas the game.
• Conditioning: Yeah, we all know Tampa's a swamp and it was clear that dehydration was a factor.
• Penalties. Over 100 yds in penalties. When you consider the turnovers, the Bucs basically gave away 3 TDs.

*Also: 14/52 isn't impressive against a team that was horrible against the run last season.

Overall, this is a very smart, fast, & physical unit. The conditioning will likely improve. If they can trim the fat on mental mistakes this season will be a lot of fun to watch.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...