Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMoney doesn't come close to matching.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746059&mesg_id=2746911
2746911, Money doesn't come close to matching.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Sep-21-21 08:41 PM
It'd need to be, like, Brogdon and Turner for Simmons to get the money to work. And I can't imagine the Pacers would be interested.

Especially because they've been looking to trade Turner to free up space for Sabonis to operate-- and Simmons would need to operate in that exact same space. (And, of course, Philly doesn't really have need for an asset like Turner to function as a backup when Turner will be looking for a big contract summer of 2023.)

Pacers I'm sure would try to deal just Brogdon, a pick, maybe two, and some bullshit expiring deal like Lamb or something... but Morey's not going to settle for that. Because outside of shooting (which does matter! but it's not the only thing!), Simmons is better than Brogdon at literally every other component of basketball.

And he's almost 5 years younger. And has made multiple All-Star teams, multiple All-Defense first teams, and an All-NBA team. And Brogdon would need to resign summer of 2023, but Simmons is signed for another four seasons. And a Brogdon/Curry/Milton/Harris/Embiid seed has a pretty hard 5 seed ceiling.

It's a tough situation. I understand why Morey seems happy to sit on him and wait for the bigger pieces to potentially become available.