Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy only thing is this:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746059&mesg_id=2746108
2746108, My only thing is this:
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Sep-09-21 06:03 PM
>So I guess him skipping camp and games
>really only goes to lessen his value even more...which is
>advantageous only to Ben.

... does this lessen his value *that* much?

I mean, yes, there's the Malcontent label... but he's already got that anyway. I don't really know if the Malcontent label gets much worse if he spends time out. It'd potentially only get worse if he *did* choose to play and did the Harden "I'm playing like an asshole to force your hand" thing. And I don't really see that happening. Especially since the Sixers don't really need to play him.

The only scenario I see where Simmons's value actually dips is if the Sixers are as good or better without him. Two things about that: 1) I don't think that's very likely. 2) If that does happen, it's frankly even *more* incentive for Morey to not rush a deal. If they can still be Top 3 in the East good without Simmons, then why trade him for pennies on the dollar?

It's just such a singularly strange scenario, one where I can't recall having seen anything quite like it before. There's just such a clear incentive for both parties to dig in their heels and not give an inch. Which is why I truly believe the Sixers' best course is to wait and see what other teams need. Simmons may not give an inch, and Morey may not give an inch, but other teams will definitely give several inches before the deadline.

(Watch, I've written all this and he'll be traded for a bag of dildos in the next 7 days, lol.)