Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: This has nothing to do with what I stated.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745655&mesg_id=2745771
2745771, RE: This has nothing to do with what I stated.
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Wed Sep-01-21 10:18 PM
>Nothing at all. I stated that people are still transmitting
>and contracting
>covid after being vaccinated

The vaccine significantly reduces the chance of becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes CoVID-19, especially if not Delta variant. It also lessens the viral load of people who still become infected, and significantly reduces the chance, severity, and longevity of virus-spreading symptoms such as coughing and sneezing. All the above reduce the risk of spread and thus very much helps protect others.

and vaccinated people have died
>from
>Covid complications.

The vaccines also greatly lessen the likelihood that infect will lead to hospitalization and, importantly, the need for ICU beds, ventilators, oxygen or ECMO machines, all of which are in short supply in the best of times and are desperately needed by people with any number of imminently life-threatening illnesses or injuries. Again, helping the group, regardless of variance in individual outcome.

Also, the long term efficacy of the
>vaccine has yet to be
>determined.
>
>Breakthrough cases are on the rise,

See above.

You are creating a fake equivalency between an imperfect solution and doing nothing.

and there are vaccinated
>people who
>have been hospitalized due to Covid symptoms.
>
>Those are all facts.

Show me some numbers or, with all due respect, GTFO

We are talking about science. Science requires numbers. What percentage of people laying in hospital beds due to covid are double vaxxed?