Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBig night tonight, ya know? (c) The Harder They Come
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2746950
2746950, Big night tonight, ya know? (c) The Harder They Come
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Sep-22-21 12:58 PM
Really hyped for it. Today is my wedding anniversary, so I'm not going to be able to watch this all live (though I've succeeded in turning my wife into an AEW fan).

Really hyped for both of this week's cards. They're treating this like another PPV.

Predictions for the cards:

* Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson. Smart play seems to be a time limit draw. Seems like they're setting this up to headline Full Gear in November. They already did the "challenger beats Omega ahead of the PPV" thing with Christian last month. So going with a draw with maybe Danielson tapping Omega out after the match is over.

* Dr. Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho. Like Soho but they're not taking the title off of Baker this early.

* Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black. Black really needs to go over here. Hard fought match, but Black wins clean.

* MJF vs. Brian Pillman. MJF. They should make Pillman look legit here.

* FTR vs. Sting & Darby Allin. Honestly can't call this one. Probably Sting and Darby?

For Rampage:

* CM Punk vs. Will Hobbs. Punk, but another opportunity for him to elevate Hobbs through a hard fought match. Hopefully this sets up Punk vs. Starks down the road.

* Luchas Bros. and P&P vs. Butcher and Blade and Private Party - Lucha Bros. and Proud and Powerful take it.

* Christian Cage & Jurrasic Express vs. Young Bucks & Adam Cole. Cole and the Young Bucks. Gotta keep building Cole.

* Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston vs. Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer. Moxley and Kingston win and the match is incredibly violent.

* Chris Jericho & Jake Hager vs. Ethan Page & Scorpio Sky. Jericho and Hager, I guess.

As to the questions for other surprises/debuts, I'm not sure. I'd imagine the O.G. plan was for Ric Flair to get involved in FTR/Sting and Darby, but that's clearly not happening anymore. It's generally thought that if Bray Wyatt has signed with AEW, he's not showing up until they got to Rochester. Maybe Hangman Page returns?