Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: AEW really have them shook like that?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2746515
2746515, RE: AEW really have them shook like that?
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Sep-15-21 12:57 AM
>
>>They wanted Big E to come out of it as a clear face so they
>>had him call it out beforehand. And then they went out of
>>their way to say 'hey! He's cashing in!'. Allegedly they
>were
>>trying to not tank ratings vs the first Monday Night
>>Football.
>
>I mean, I know this is what WWE is putting out right now as
>the reason for the change, but it's B.S.
>
>I know Bryan Alvarez isn't the most beloved guy around here,
>but he has a point regarding why WWE hot-shotted the title
>change. The previous week's RAW is all about setting up a tag
>team match for this week. Then after Wednesday, they change
>their plans. Which is more likely?
>
>1. Vince and the front office saw that they placed behind
>Dynamite in the 18 and 49 demo and adjusted accordingly.
>
>2. They JUST remembered that were going to go up against MNF,
>so the changed their plans.
>
>Assuming that the WWE forgot until the weekend that MNF was
>coming up make them sound hugely incompetent. Reacting to AEW
>winning a key demo at least suggests they're paying
>attention.

Alvarez makes a point. But WWE is dying to present themselves as no-selling AEW. But they can’t. They haven’t. If anything, they’re steering into the skid now.

NXT looks better and brighter. They are going to move off of some of the indy folks and give AEW more work to do with building people up. Maybe they won’t screw over every smaller worker on their roster! Maybe!

They forked over the money for Brock again to give Reigns something to do before Rock shows up to help them print money in the spring.

And now, they put a big title on a guy who people in the industry are generally love. And Big E is a damn hoss. I love the Big E call for what WWE claims to be going for right now. Lashley was almost always going to be the one to get cashed in on. He went down in a protective way so I can dig it. And, politically speaking, putting the belt on Big E is a signal to their roster that they don’t all need to run off elsewhere to get a little shine. Big E was on the shortlist of folks they could have stood to throw a bone. They’ve done it even if it was during the fall. Now let’s see how they play it from here.

I want Big E to interrupt people and situations with the whole ‘don’t be sour/feel the power’ thing now that he’s the champ. That alone will be a damn good time.