Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: NXT just doesn’t know what it is right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2745586
2745586, RE: NXT just doesn’t know what it is right now
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Aug-29-21 08:15 AM
>
>>I certainly have my issues with the Elite in AEW, but you at
>>least see how it can be properly paid off at All Out
>>(especially the Bucks). NXT looks like it's in trouble.
>
>It’s looking like they’re transitioning back to purely a
>developmental brand, which they can pull off and still make it
>pretty entertaining, but the roster they currently have
>doesn’t reflect that yet. This also brings about other
>issues they’ll have to deal with (they have too much TV time
>and too many titles for a developmental brand), but the main
>issue is USA Network will be very unhappy if/when they take
>another hit in the ratings.

I’m trying to not be a mark about it but I’m horrified about NXT going too far away from ‘here’s these indy dudes mixed with some folks we’ve been training having some good matches and learning to tell stories our way as well as which way to face when important stuff is happening in matches’.

If I look around in a year and it’s random meathead who looks stronger than he actually is vs too injured to be a pro athlete so he’s wrestling now dude for 2 hours every week, it might get rough. Even if that’s how it goes, those mfers had a good run at what they were doing and they ended up with some main event folks as well as some guys who can fill up a card with good stuff even if they aren’t booked well..solid hands and pros let’s say. Sometimes I think rasslin fans forget that they don’t like bullshit/bad undercards. Lots of bad eras in wwe feature impressively pointless and badly worked undercards. Early 90s for instance.