Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I really dislike Kenny Omega’s entire presentation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2745482
2745482, RE: I really dislike Kenny Omega’s entire presentation
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Aug-26-21 03:45 PM
>So corny

I think sometimes these wrestling nerd wrestlers try to go too ‘meta’ with their characters..especially on the heel side. Ie: Kenny knows he’s trying to be unlikable as hell even tho his matches are generally liked by the nerd wrestling crew because he’s athletic and can do a bunch of shit.

Still, it is working on me cuz he just seems like a huge jerk who deserves to get his ass kicked whenever he gets lined up against the right babyface for the job. And, similar to Flair in his king shit days, every now and then, the jackass heel has to get caught slipping. Ie: losing to Christian via death by chair-assisted finisher.

In this post-nWo/Stone Cold world, so many people involved with wrestling struggle with figuring out how to be truly heels without fucking up and becoming a tweener or antihero. From what I see, Kenny and them are going way out of their way to be as full of shit as possible to make sure they don’t get ANY ‘you’re so good at being a heel that I like you’ heat. For that, I thank them. And the babyfaces they’re trying to get over do too. I think they’re doing it right..maybe even almost too right based on folks being so ticked about them! Haha.

I don’t see them getting to XPac/go away heat yet and the matches usually work.