Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhat a wild time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2745382
2745382, What a wild time
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Aug-23-21 04:01 PM
>And when Punk mentioned the young talent, I couldn’t help
>but remember how WWE had him work with HHH and Kevin Nash when
>he was at his hottest. Smh

The Nash part is really crazy cuz it was obvious dude wasn't interested in doing anything resembling working after making all of that WCW money to basically stand around cracking jokes and being in on the most over thing in the company's history. Then, he chilled out bigtime in TNA and did mostly the same thing. Hella tag matches, talking, and chillin.

Punk and Haitch didn't get along pretty clearly! And it just seems like Haitch wasn't on his best behavior with his pull when he didn't like a guy to put it mildly. Too bad for him, Punk had his money saved and had seen Stone Cold chunk deuces to WWE more than once when they had him do stuff he didn't like.

Mix that with Brock leaving for Japan then UFC, Rock rolling out to do movies and Batista doing the same in 2010 and there were hella seeds planted for Punk to gather his shit and bounce. And then he did it! This says nothing of Eddie, Benoit, and Kurt who I lump together when discussing how unhealthy it could be to be a rassler in the early 2000s. Add in Edge and so many other cats who put on weight and/or jacked up their necks and knees in that time and yeah...crazy time. Even Jericho took breaks too.

That post-Benoit era through the time where NXT really started rolling is a wild time for WWE to look at. Really, everything after Rock/Stone Cold were basically gone is wild times to me. Mania 20 through 30 let's say.

Looking back on it will be very interesting assuming I live long enough to get further away from it and more documentaries (WWE and otherwise) pop up.

As an even more random side, I watched the Untold about Foley and Edge's Mania 22 match in 2006. It doesn't seem real that Foley was in a top end WWE match that recently. And LAWD, Lita looked good. Matt Hardy has certainly achieved! Mix that with the bonkers TLCs and Edge's matches and documentaries since coming back and that dude is floating up my figurative list of greats pretty fast.