Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOne thing that I could see happening is they make it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2745226&mesg_id=2745313
2745313, One thing that I could see happening is they make it...
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Aug-21-21 05:18 PM
... MJF vs. Sammy at All Out. MJF comes out to talk his shit on Wednesday about how he defeated Jericho. And then Sammy, having ended things with Spears the previous Dynamite, decides to take up the mantle in Jericho's honor. Then Sammy goes over at All Out, setting him up to be the Superstar that AEW has been slowly building him to become.

>Jericho’s interview with Stone Cold a few
>months back had me thinking the end is very near and MJF would
>be the perfect person to retire him.

I do agree that the match is a good "ending place" for his career, even if he doesn't officially retire (the crowd singing "Judas" & MJF making him tap out). They never actually mention the Inner Circle anymore. Them beating the Pinnacle in the Stadium Stampede also served as a great final chapter for the faction. Since then, Hager has barely been on screen. And P&P are seem stuck in limbo due to the FTR injury.

They seem to be grooming Jericho to be an announcer, which I think he's great at doing. I honestly would like to see him as the fourth guy on Rampage; I like Mark Henry, but he's better backstage than as a play-by-play guy.