Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAs I mentioned above...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2743593&mesg_id=2744065
2744065, As I mentioned above...
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-29-21 11:24 AM
... it's just that the ceiling and floor are both so high. Like I said in the Justivity post, the best comparison I can make for Cade is "6'8 Ben Simmons who has alpha mentality and can shoot 40% from 3." Like, in the NBA, that's... a superstar. A franchise-changing dude.

He's not yet the defender Ben is... but Ben was a lousy defender in college, and Wiggins was a really good defender in college and a lousy one in the NBA, so who the fuck knows with that, lol. But an elite passer, great scorer at all levels, really good shooter, really good defender, hard worker, high motor guy, high IQ, really good rebounder due to effort, superb character, and big time leader who wants to take the big shots in the big moments. There aren't a lot of "here's the weakness" things with him-- and any nitpicks I *could* conjure can probably be dismissed due to (a) age and (b) him being by far the best player on a college team full of non-shooters. And unlike Anthony Edwards or Ben Simmons in similar scenarios, Cade dragged Oklahoma State to a 4 seed. Like... it's absurd how good he is and how great he can be.