Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: i wouldn't be mad if they threw a bunch of money at lonzo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2743593&mesg_id=2743661
2743661, RE: i wouldn't be mad if they threw a bunch of money at lonzo.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Jul-22-21 08:31 AM
>a lonzo/zach/vuc core should have us competitive. can't ask
>for much more at this point. be competitive and start to build
>a winning culture and hope to get lucky with draft picks
>(especially from europe considering AK's ties) and/or free
>agents.

+ Kyle Lowry - no chance, cost too much.
+ Lonzo Ball - S&T w/ Lauri, but he'd have to agree to sign with the Pelicans. Plus we couldn't sign Theis and would maybe have to let Thad and/or Satoransky go.
+ Spencer Dinwiddie
+ Dennis Schroder

I'd be cool with any of these guys. ANYBODY that can set up the offense.

>no idea what to think about pat williams. i can see him being
>a borderline all star if he breaks out of his shell, but he
>may not be that kind of guy. hard to tell considering he was
>one of the younger (youngest?) players in the league last
>season.

There are SOOO many factors that go into play with how a young player develops. And with the previous regime, I always had very low expectations whenever we had a draft pick. Every year Paxson would come out with the excuse, "We don't know how good our guys are." That led me to believe that even if a kid WAS good, the Bulls didn't have the infrastructure in place to really help players reach their full potential.

I don't know enough about how this new Bulls front office works. It was great seeing both Williams and Donovan at a playoff game, so it seems like he's bought in. Physically Williams has all the tools to be at the very least a starter in this league. His defense alone does that. My thing is, kinda like Giannis, we may not know how good he is until maybe his 3rd or 4th year. Can/will the Bulls wait that long?