Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: so you taking Clyde over Scottie if you drafting for a team?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2742124&mesg_id=2742161
2742161, RE: so you taking Clyde over Scottie if you drafting for a team?
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Fri Jul-02-21 12:46 AM
>they gonna give you about the same as far as points, assists
>and rebounds, you putting your money on Clyde being lockdown
>on defense?
>

2 ways of looking at this:

If we are talking about straight out of college, it's obviously Drexler no question. Scottie became an all-time great but he wasn't one until he ended up in the right place with the right people (Phil and MJ), and even then he showed time and time again that he was not a leader. From the migraine, to the Kukoc shot, he wasn't mentally tough out the box, and maybe never was, period.

If we are talking about PRIME Scottie after he has spent years becoming the best version of himself on an all-time great team, it's debatable. But I am still going Drexler. Drexler was a better scorer, better passer, and a much better leader. Scottie can score and pass too, and his defense was a level that Drexler could never get to…so I could see an argument.

That said, I can find other people to play elite defense, I would rather have my teams best player also be a great leader and mentally tough.

Drexler might really be the most underrated player of his era. He suffered from playing in the same era as MJ, where I personally think Scottie FLOURISHED because he spent those years with MJ. If Drexler spent his whole career with Hakeem, they would have been the ones getting five or six rings.