Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo did I. Chance that he's a better pro, too.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2741470&mesg_id=2743670
2743670, So did I. Chance that he's a better pro, too.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-22-21 11:31 AM
I saw a Nickeil Alexander-Walker comparison that I liked. More of a secondary creator than a primary one, but still a good passer and could play some minutes at the point if needed. Really good defender on the perimeter-- probably better than Walker in this regard. Terrific dribble-drive guy, strong finisher.

I worry about the shot-- the numbers look good on limited attempts, but I don't love how it looks. He also seemed pretty hesitant to launch, like a guy who's only shooting it when he has to. He's also an abysmal pull-up shooter and mid-range guy right now. I forget which writer pointed this out first, but he basically defaults to the jump stop when shooting on the move, and I worry about that in the NBA, because if it gave college defenders chances to recover, NBA defenders will swat that shit away.

I think if he can maintain something like 38%+ from 3/80%+ from FT shooting numbers, he's a starter-- and even if it settles in closer to average or a little below from the perimeter, he's probably still a role player due to his driving and defense. Keon has the much higher ceiling, but I'd also argue he has the lower floor. I'd like Springer somewhere in the 20s.