Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe's a completely different player than Mo. A classic 3-and-D guy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2741470&mesg_id=2741684
2741684, He's a completely different player than Mo. A classic 3-and-D guy.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-28-21 11:30 AM
He's got a more clearly defined role in today's NBA, because unlike Mo, he's got great lateral quickness and is switchable on D. Defense was his calling card at Michigan-- he was great on-ball, he was elite off-ball. His instincts are among the better defensive instincts for a wing in this draft. He's also a really good passer for a 6'9 wing, doesn't turn it over much,

The 3 point shot is the big swing skill here, and I think it projects well despite shooting 34% last year from 3-- he's a great FT shooter, and his shot ran hot-and-cold rather than hovering consistently around that 34% mark. If he ends up in a system that can help him develop better consistency on that 3 point shot, I think he's the sort of role player that could start for a lot of teams.

So if you think he can't shoot, he's an 8th/9th man journeyman type. If you think he can shoot, he's starter/sixth man type in a clearly defined and coveted role in today's NBA. I'd bank on the latter, personally. But either way, he's really different than Mo, lol.