Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEh, yes and no.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2741470&mesg_id=2741524
2741524, Eh, yes and no.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jun-26-21 09:05 PM
>You’re mostly right but I’m here to point out as usual that youve been burned for years citing college 3 for nba prospects.

The biggest burns I've faced on this have been players who shoot 3s well but who shot free throws poorly. But Cade shot 85% on nearly 6 attempts a game from the free throw line. I don't think he's that guy.

Outside of that specific category? I think the majority of players who shoot free throws very well and college 3s well correlate to shooting 3s generally well at the next level. There are exceptions, obviously, but college guys who shoot 40%+ from 3 and 85%+ from FT tend to largely have a positive correlation as 3 point shooters in the NBA.

On top of that, considering that Cade faced so many double teams and *still* shot 40% from 3? I mean, this isn't a Justise Winslow popping wide open college 3s at a 40% clip. Cade was doing it all. I have zero concerns there, and nor should anyone who actually watched him play imo.