Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: U right , I completely forgot about that.. but it’s still a paltry return
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2741037&mesg_id=2741333
2741333, RE: U right , I completely forgot about that.. but it’s still a paltry return
Posted by blueeclipse, Thu Jun-24-21 11:37 AM
Not when you consider the position the Pistons were in. They didn't have much leverage. The rest of the league was fairly skeptical too considering what the Rockets got Wood for. So the options were limited.

Blake was still on the roster and Weaver had already made his mind up that he wanted Jerami Grant to run with this young core and not Wood. I don't blame Weaver AT ALL for that cause he knew Grant and didn't know Wood at all. If I'm a GM coming in I'm betting on the guy I know and trust.

That's also a little too much talent for a tank. Granted Wood ended up on the team that got the second pick and could have just as easily gotten the first.

I was fine with it right when it happened and am really fine with it now because Stewart fits better with this group than Wood would have. He would have wanted to be the #1 option. Which is fine. He can do that in Houston.

It's a win win.