Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEven you can't be this fucking stupid
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2740819&mesg_id=2741027
2741027, Even you can't be this fucking stupid
Posted by magilla vanilla, Tue Jun-22-21 03:47 PM
"Sesame Street didn't tell me" is a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG fucking way from you being completely unable to access information. If you went to check out a biology book, you would have not been denied access to that book.

But if a Hungarian child tries to ask "hey why does Artur have two mommies?" they wouldn't be able to check out a book on the subject at the library. If they asked a counselor why they feel different than the other kids in their class, that counselor couldn't give them the most basic pamphlet on the matter. It's not about "letting a kid be a kid," because kids ask. questions. It's literally all they do.

ALSO, while Sesame Street may not have explicitly said "boys marry girls," back in the day they centered things around Gordon and Susan, and talked about mommies and daddies all the time. So that stuff n is certainly implicit. It's why representation matters and why in the last 20 years they've tried to introduce characters that represent the neurodivergent community and other groups.

However, even from a parental point, the thought of an 8,9 or
>even 10
>year old having complete access to sexual reassignment
>information, when
>their bodies haven’t even gone through puberty yet,
>naturally raises both eyebrows.
>I think it’s more about letting a child be a child more than
>it is about discriminating
>against homosexuality.
>
>Children aren’t even allowed access to heterosexual
>information at that age....