Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'll take you at your word regarding your intent
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2740785&mesg_id=2740997
2740997, I'll take you at your word regarding your intent
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-22-21 11:11 AM
FYI, I wasn't offended, because I know how misplaced those sorts of comments are. Were it some specific personal issue, I'd have reacted differently.

And while I made a dick comment and expected a dick comment in return, I'm a firm believer that jabs at people's mental are a no go, and I think calling someone "unstable" fits that bill.

It's also a bad look. FYI, at this point I'm just expounding on the subject, not lambasting you over it. Frankly, I think the subject is worth discussing around here, at least as much as basketball games and players.

All in all, at best, it's just a bad look for the person who says it.

At worst, iif the recipient of the comment is actually unstable, then that's a really low tact for the person who says it, because whatever that instability is, it's likely outside of their control, and is now being exploited, and likely exacerbated.

If they aren't, it's a generic cheap shot and if it's not the lowest hanging fruit there is, it's on the same branch.

Then, of course, we get back to the even playing field: Maybe we just don't be dicks at all, and everyone is the better for it. But sometimes that fair game kick mudslinging looks to good to pass up.

Whatever the case, as I said in the header, i'll take you at your word as far as intent.