Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: what happened in 2019 had no bearing on the 2020 season.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739899&mesg_id=2740667
2740667, RE: what happened in 2019 had no bearing on the 2020 season.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Jun-18-21 07:45 PM
>and I didn’t bring up Boise and Utah because I think they
>are playoff teams. Not sure why you would even jump to that
>conclusion.

"Its not about my team but the UCF, Cincinnati, Utah, Boise teams that made noise.. "
^^^^

Oh ok, you were so crystal clear with this statement it's amazing how anyone could have misconstrued the meaning!

and within the context of this discussion, what difference is there between a team getting a shot in a bowl game vs. a playoff team? don't you need to be in the playoffs in order to get your shot in the bowl game? Like isn't this exactly what you want...for the smaller teams to make the playoffs and get their shot at an upset?

there is no recent precedent for smaller teams banging with the top 3. ND and oklahoma can't even do it.

>I brought up Boise and Utah because they beat Power 5 schools
>in bowls.. and people made excuses when they won.

keep in mind that you're referencing bowl game outcomes from 2006 and 2008. and bowl games with zero stakes involved.

so the irony of you lecturing me about year to year changes or an outcome from 2019 not being relevant is pretty funny.

>Its absolutely ridiculous to bring up a blowout loss in 2019
>as proof of anything in 2020.

right but the 2006/2008 examples were not ridiculous. got it.

And using a game from 2019 is a great barometer to use when gauging the overall talent and abilities of two programs.. Unless you think Cincy closed a 42 point talent gap over the course of one year.

>I brought the topic hear to debate it. I didnt bring it hear
>for a vote to decide on how I should feel about the playoffs.
>lmao

you haven't debated anything. all you've done is whine when people haven't agreed with you and have completely ignored their relevant questioning (because you don't have an answer).

and no one said shit about a vote or trying to change your opinion on the matter. nobody cares enough to do that and you're more than welcome to your opinion.

the issue is you made a statement about how the playoff format is changing to due to fan demand (false) and that the majority of people agree with you. You've provided no evidence for this because you can't and it's untrue. And instead of acknowledging that everyone on this board disagrees with you (albeit a small sample size), you rationalize it by insulting everyone's credibility and go off on some weirdo tangent about NFL and board hypocrisy.