Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwhen/if harden comes back and they're stomping teams i'll agree with you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739345&mesg_id=2739509
2739509, when/if harden comes back and they're stomping teams i'll agree with you
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-07-21 11:06 PM
in principle. i like all of the big 3 and harden is my favorite player. i hope harden gets a ring so folks will stop talking about him derisively. generally i agree that superteams aren't great for the league. i remember being sick of the warriors and their fans even when i was barely paying attention to basketball

however

right now the nets are "merely" a very good playoff team, especially in the east. it's "only" 2 superstars and a bunch of roleplayers, one of which is an aging ex-superstar. they don't even have their best defender in jeff green. they're winning mostly because they had an adverse regular season where their starting lineups were constantly an unknown. they were frequently giving away big leads and having to fight to get them back, generally with only 1 or 2 of the big 3 on the court. they came back from 20 point deficits 4 times this season and if i'm not mistaken 0 of those games were with all 3 superstars playing. they built a lot of chemistry and developed a strong resilient spirit during those games. that's why they are kicking the shit out of an opponent with an about equal offense and a superior defense