Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'd also argue even the NYK version of KP... isn't too special anymore.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739345&mesg_id=2739431
2739431, I'd also argue even the NYK version of KP... isn't too special anymore.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 10:19 AM
The number of 6'10 and up guys who take 4+ 3s a game has doubled in the last four seasons-- and I expect it to easily double in the next four seasons with guys like Holmgren, Banchero, Baldwin, etc. on the way. More and more, young bigs understand the value of their ability to pick-and-pop and spread the floor offensively. The thing that made Zingis seem like a unicorn in 2015-- a big guy who can step out and make 3s at a reasonable volume and rate-- is now something that over half the teams in the NBA have, more or less.

Zingis was a fine defender at the rim in New York, and while he was never laterally quick, he was definitely quicker than he is now, a.k.a. he wasn't disastrously slow. So the injuries definitely played a role. But I'm also not convinced that paying Zingis that much was wise when his main special skill was becoming increasing prevalent in young bigs and incoming prospect bigs.