Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2021 NBA Playoffs: Week 3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739345
2739345, 2021 NBA Playoffs: Week 3
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jun-06-21 02:00 PM
..My bad for the delay.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2739346, They run them two tall ass dudes at Trae…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-06-21 02:22 PM
and get the ball out of his hands. If they don’t…he eats up whatever man is in front of him. I know Thybulle (sp?) is supposed to be that dude, defensively…but, he cannot stay in front of this kid.
2739347, Green, Simmons, Thybulle.. anybody can get it.
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-06-21 02:22 PM
2739348, Watching trae grow is gonna be fun
Posted by Amritsar, Sun Jun-06-21 02:29 PM
In the next few years teams will start to rough him up like they did curry

Trae’s floaters are fun to watch and look effortless. But I also remember 2013ish, early sky- fucking Steph make ridiculous shots in the paint look regular.

He’ll need to bulk up like steph did eventually. For now it’s fun as shit tho. Speaking of FUN, Trae doesn’t seem to have the fun ball tendencies that Steph to this day struggles eith.
2739349, Happy to see this pressure D making it a game at the end
Posted by Nodima, Sun Jun-06-21 02:31 PM
Though it's increasingly clear the balance of this series rests on Embiid's knee

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
2739350, Bogdanovic shot in them old country, war torn gyms
Posted by Amritsar, Sun Jun-06-21 02:34 PM
Boy got that look on his face that makes you wanna run with him
2739353, Ha ha
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Sun Jun-06-21 03:20 PM
2739351, Joel got no lift on that Collins oop…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-06-21 02:38 PM
he looks like he’s dragging, too.
2739356, Luka fighting for his life out here
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-06-21 03:45 PM
2739358, all these arenas almost at full capacity and the clippers get 8k?
Posted by RandomFact, Sun Jun-06-21 04:21 PM
i'm all about going above and beyond for covid safety but how hard is it to require vaccination documentation and opening it up more? i know the state has regulations in place but them shits are not being followed anywhere right now. la is open open.

also, la/california is doing well with the covid statistics. probably better than a lot of these cities opening up their stadiums. no one feels bad for this clippers team but they're definitely not getting the benefit if a gm 7 home court advantage right now obviously.
2739360, Part of the reason that California is doing so well is because...
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Jun-06-21 04:33 PM
...they’re being so careful. The official “opening up” date for the whole state was supposed to be June 15, but now it looks like Newsom is possibly delaying it. He’s dealing with what’s very likely a doomed recall effort, but he’s being very careful to not give his opponents any legit ammo.
2739363, agreed. but i'm curious why they're not checking for proof of vaccine
Posted by RandomFact, Sun Jun-06-21 05:02 PM
and opening it up more.

i know the knicks had vaccination only sections and apparently if they made it to round two everyone in the stadium would have to show proof of being vaxxed.

this isn't georgia or utah or some place where people would riot if they had to show proof of vaccination.
2739372, I know that they're doing "vaxxed only" sections at Oakland A's games
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Jun-06-21 06:14 PM
I sorta suspect they may do something similar for Clippers games in the second round.
2739373, They’re doing that right now for Dodger games…
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-06-21 06:15 PM
… but I imagine the indoor seating stuff is a different animal. At least for California.
2739359, Why isn’t Brunson getting any run??
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-06-21 04:29 PM
2739361, All that tick for Trey Burke was a bummer to see
Posted by Nodima, Sun Jun-06-21 04:49 PM
I'm happy it probably made Jalen happy but...c'mon man

~~~~~~~~~
2739367, I didn’t understand why he was in the game
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-06-21 05:20 PM
2739362, Carlisle could do a lot better
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-06-21 04:53 PM
But really they lost this up 30-11 in game 3 and he took Luka out until the game was tied
2739365, He's been pretty bad this series. That having been said...
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-06-21 05:16 PM
... I wouldn't have given Trey Burke any minutes over him. That's... not what I would have done.
2739368, Not at all
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-06-21 05:20 PM
>... I wouldn't have given Trey Burke any minutes over him.
>That's... not what I would have done.
2739366, OKS Luka hater checking in
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jun-06-21 05:16 PM
Somebody referred to Luka haters on OKS

I guessed that’s a reference to me

To clarify...my issue is with the media trying to crown Dude MVP before the season started

He was shooting +20% from 3 for a couple of months
...and he still hasn’t shown up vs the 6ers...

I think he’s great
Maybe one day he call fulfill the prophecy
But damn, they want this dude to be the face of the league so bad...
...just let these young guns play...
One of them will separate from the pack eventually
But for now, it’s entertaining to watch all of them...why isn’t that enough?
2739369, Literally every season begins with media protections of what to expect
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-06-21 05:47 PM
"Upcoming NBA Season Preview" is and enjoyable worthwhile aspect of the game.

"Who do you expect to take that leap to the next level" is a perfectly reasonable and valid question to tackle at the start of any nba season.

Luka is one of the players who looked poised to take such a leap. His second year stats were fucking bonkers. Luka plays for the Mavs.

If "entertaining just to watch them" were enough for you, you wouldn't be be on a niche section of a nichressage baord discussing sports at all.

You wouldn't be reading articles or watching commentary or discussing it yourself.

Basically, your issue, as expressed, is with the part of sports that actually allows professional sports to thrive: passionate fandom and media.

So maybe it's time for you to logoff, since you seem to think it's enough to just watch and be entertained,thus no reason for you to be here spitting ass backward opinions.
2739377, I should log off because Luka’s not the MVP this year?
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jun-06-21 06:41 PM
A couple of other players that were poised to make that leap also
...and did...
?
2739381, Nothing about what I said can reasonably be construed to that conclusion
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-06-21 09:00 PM
2739413, He was the consensus MVP pick...preseason
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-07-21 06:29 AM
Not...gonna take a leap...they were making the statement
Luka WILL be this year’s MVP
Almost to a man...and you have to wonder why
Especially considering he obviously came in to the year out of shape and shooting dog$hit
Sure...preseason predictions aren’t expected to hit errytime
But this felt different
Felt forced
Agenda
Look at the league right now...there’s a bunch of young guns
Not one of the other young guns was even considered
Somehow everyone decided, not only is he leader of the pack, but he’s better than every player in the league
...because he balled out vs a sus LAC’s team...?
It felt and looked different than a preseason preview of the upcoming season
They tried to crown dude
Let him earn it.
2739454, What young guns are you talking about?
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jun-07-21 01:25 PM
Luka put up MVP numbers..his team aint have the success needed to support the case though.

But luka's numbers were there.
2739457, Consensus? Crown? Sources, please.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jun-07-21 02:30 PM
I need articles and names. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe this wasn't the usual preseason speculation we always get, every single year, since forever, about everything from rookie of the year to the best team to, yes, league MVP.

Maybe everyone, everywhere said that he will be the MVP and crowned him as such.

Because all season long, I've seen Brawn, 'Yannis, and Harden. I recall a particular top five list that left off KD, due to people not knowing what to expect due to his injury.

Can you show me the consensus crowning of Luka as MVP? I'm happy to eat my words when I'm proven wrong.

But as it stands, I don't see or recall that at all.

Luka's having an absolutely insane start to his career, and warrants all the attention he's getting for it. It's not like he's out here doing Ja Morant numbers (very good for a second year player) and people are talking about him like the GOAT.

But in terms of his personal stats, he's in rare company.
2739383, What leap was luka supposed to make exactly after a 29,9 and 9 season?
Posted by Cenario, Sun Jun-06-21 09:07 PM
2739384, Luka's also almost certainly going to make First Team All-NBA. Again.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-06-21 09:25 PM
Second time before he turns 23. And he led the Mavs to a first place finish in their division. And they damn near knocked off a Clippers team that had the second highest Vegas odd of winning the Finals despite a wild talent disparity.

2739385, Aside from the Steph hype and Russ’ historical season Luka’s team...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-06-21 09:31 PM
is not good enough for him to win MVP
2739388, The issue is how desperate the NBA and media are to crown a new
Posted by Stadiq, Sun Jun-06-21 10:58 PM
a Great White Hope.

And white nba fans in general...a few on here...are proof that they desperately want it too. Its fascinating and sad to watch.

Luka is nice- I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

But the idea that he is nicer than guys like Dame, etc? FOH

Its that curve. The white boy curve.

He should be roasted for his FT shooting...yet he isn't. If he wasn't white? He'd be ROASTED.

He was labeled an early favorite for MVP based on...what? If he wasn't white? Nah.

Their game 5 win? They didn't win because of dude down the stretch, they won in spite of him. He was not good those last few minutes...the Clips were in too deep of a hole.

But he gets praised and complimented for "facilitating"

Again, Luka is nice.

But cmon. This is the league, the media, and white nba fans anxious for a new hero.

Its not hard to see.

Put a lot of really good guys on that Mavs team in that system, they put up similar numbers.

Would they get the love? Cmon.
2739406, Dame and Luka's numbers are similar at best
Posted by Cenario, Sun Jun-06-21 11:43 PM
If you value rebounding guards, Luka wins easily

What other guys are you talking bout that would put up Luka numbers in Dallas AND win???
2739412, As a 6ers fan, I’m suppose to hate Donovan Mitchell
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-07-21 06:09 AM
I’ve never seen a player so disrespectfully overlooked
This dude balled the f out this year
Best player on the best team
Hadn’t heard his name in the media’s MVP convo...all year
IMO, one of the more glaring snubs I think I’ve ever seen
MVP typically goes to the best player on the best team
He took THAT leap this year
He’s got that dawg in him, ultra-competitive, mamba mentality
Improves every year
I’m having a hard time understanding why he doesn’t get the same hype as Luka?
Young player
Western conference team
Not a major market
...?
2739425, Not too hard to explain.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 10:00 AM
He did 26/4/5 on 44% shooting. 3.5 box plus minus, 2.5 VORP.
Luka did 28/8/9 on 48% shooting. 6.7 box plus minus, 5.0 VORP.

Also, Donovan's three best teammates are a Defensive Player of the Year/All-NBA big man, an All-Star PG, and the Sixth Man of the Year. Luka's best teammates are Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., and... Dorian Finney-Smith, I guess?

So it's not much of a surprise that Luka has more hype than Mitchell. Mitchell is the best player on a very, very good roster. Luka's currently a one-man team-- yet he's still hyper-efficient and still ultra-conducive to winning.
2739430, That doesn’t explain the almost total lack of respect for DMitch
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-07-21 10:16 AM
They aren’t that far apart to rationalize the disparity in coverage

You think DMitch couldn’t do bigger numbers on a worse team?

One of the replies asked that question...and it’s an easy answer

JWill on this morning...talking about...this is the face of the NBA

Bet that tune changes by the end of the playoffs...

Point being, these other dudes are earning it
DMitch...best team in the league
Joker...MVP, WCF
JT...ECF
Trae...playoff W
etc...

But they crowning this dude...for 2 first round exits

Just saying, I’ve seen other so called nexts dragged for less

He’s earned praise...but...
Next
Face of the league
GOAT trajectory
...that’s too much...

Give some of that shine to other guys

Wouldn’t it be better for the league if all these young guys were great, competed against each other for careers, etc...?

Why force the Luka narrative?

League’s in great hands for the Bron handoff...just let it happen.
2739434, It's because he plays with a soon-to-be four-time All-NBA teammate.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 10:50 AM
One could argue that Mitchell isn't the most important player on the Jazz, that their most important player is Gobert.

Look at that Jazz roster. Royce O'Neal is a genuinely good individual defender. Conley is smart but he's definitely gotten slower with age and isn't really the individual defender he was in his mid-20s. But outside of that? Mitchell is bad on defense. Clarkson is famously bad on defense. Bogdanovic is terrible on defense. Niang is bad on defense. I can try to be generous to Ingles and say he plays smart considering he's one of the slower players in the NBA, but he is also bad on defense. So you have five bad defenders and a sixth defender who's savvy buy aging... yet this defense is basically top 3 every season. That's how insanely good Gobert is.

And the on/off numbers for Gobert are *nuts.* When Gobert's on the court, they're a +16.6. When he's off the court, they're a -2.5. That's an over-19 point swing in the team's quality depending on if Gobert is playing or not! I wouldn't be surprised, without looking, if that's the biggest swing in the NBA. Which is crazy... until you consider Gobert led the NBA in rebounds, led the NBA in blocks, and led the league in FG% too for good measure.

Now, do I think Mitchell is probably their most important player *in the playoffs*? Absolutely. Because big men get stretched out in today's NBA in the playoffs, and while Rudy is fucking brilliant on defense, he has limitations in efficacy away from the rim. If they play Denver, for instance, Jokic will just sit on the perimeter and pop 3s all day-- and if Gobert goes out there to guard him, Jokic will hit cutting wings for layups all day. So they need their offense to carry a heavier load in the playoffs, and that's definitely where they need Mitchell to be The Guy, because perimeter creation in the playoffs is the absolute name of the game.

But it's going to be hard for Donovan Mitchell to be viewed as an All-NBA caliber player, an MVP caliber player, as long as people aren't sure if he's the Jazz's most important player. That's why people always put him behind the Lukas, the Tatums, the Traes imo-- because those guys are indisputably the most important players when it comes to their teams winning. I'm not saying this argument is fair to Mitchell, but imo this is why he tends to be viewed as a slight tier below. It's the same with Jamal Murray playing with Jokic tbh.
2739371, Kristaps Porzingis robbing the Mavs of $$$$$
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Sun Jun-06-21 06:14 PM
Boban Marjanović played better
2739378, Ski mask way
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-06-21 07:13 PM
2739435, If that's true, Cuban helped to knit the mask.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jun-07-21 11:22 AM
Didn't Cuban agree to sign him that a four year contract extension with full knowledge that Porzingis was going to sit out half the year the Knicks/Mavs trade occurred?
2739386, They have decisions to make they want to be the European team in the NBA...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-06-21 09:35 PM
but that may not be good enough to win a title.
2739391, Their trading block: everyone but one guy.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-06-21 11:06 PM
I’ve no doubt that Cuban is gonna wheel, deal, and spend this summer. Cuz this was embarrassing for their front office.
2739417, Yeah it was a good idea on paper
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Jun-07-21 09:24 AM
But New York Knick's version of KP is obviously never coming back. Dude literally just stood there the entire time watching his team try to win, with an occasional jacked up three along the way.
2739426, RE: Yeah it was a good idea on paper
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jun-07-21 10:06 AM
>But New York Knick's version of KP is obviously never coming
>back. Dude literally just stood there the entire time watching
>his team try to win, with an occasional jacked up three along
>the way.

This is a possibility. If I'm not mistaken, Porzingis has had surgeries on his screwed up knee twice since he was traded to the Mavs. This is in addition to his injury issues while he was on the Knicks.
2739431, I'd also argue even the NYK version of KP... isn't too special anymore.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 10:19 AM
The number of 6'10 and up guys who take 4+ 3s a game has doubled in the last four seasons-- and I expect it to easily double in the next four seasons with guys like Holmgren, Banchero, Baldwin, etc. on the way. More and more, young bigs understand the value of their ability to pick-and-pop and spread the floor offensively. The thing that made Zingis seem like a unicorn in 2015-- a big guy who can step out and make 3s at a reasonable volume and rate-- is now something that over half the teams in the NBA have, more or less.

Zingis was a fine defender at the rim in New York, and while he was never laterally quick, he was definitely quicker than he is now, a.k.a. he wasn't disastrously slow. So the injuries definitely played a role. But I'm also not convinced that paying Zingis that much was wise when his main special skill was becoming increasing prevalent in young bigs and incoming prospect bigs.
2739432, RE: I'd also argue even the NYK version of KP... isn't too special anymore.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jun-07-21 10:30 AM
>The number of 6'10 and up guys who take 4+ 3s a game has
>doubled in the last four seasons-- and I expect it to easily
>double in the next four seasons with guys like Holmgren,
>Banchero, Baldwin, etc. on the way. More and more, young bigs
>understand the value of their ability to pick-and-pop and
>spread the floor offensively. The thing that made Zingis seem
>like a unicorn in 2015-- a big guy who can step out and make
>3s at a reasonable volume and rate-- is now something that
>over half the teams in the NBA have, more or less.
>
>Zingis was a fine defender at the rim in New York, and while
>he was never laterally quick, he was definitely quicker than
>he is now, a.k.a. he wasn't disastrously slow. So the injuries
>definitely played a role. But I'm also not convinced that
>paying Zingis that much was wise when his main special skill
>was becoming increasing prevalent in young bigs and incoming
>prospect bigs.

Strictly shooting 3's wasn't what made Porzingis unique. Before the injuries and surgeries accumulated in his short career, he was also able to use his relative speed for someone that's 7'4" to go to drive to the hole or create his own offense in the mid range with a combination with speed/footwork. That is largely gone now since it appears he's just content for whatever reasons to shoot long range shots. IMO, it makes sense that the injuries and surgeries would take away some of his speed since he's a fairly large dude, but I don't watch the Mavs with that much consistency, so I could be wrong in that regard.
2739437, Yeah, he's got no speed now. He's stiff as a board.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 11:24 AM
Zingis is more or less still as efficient a shooter as he was in New York. A little less efficient from mid-range, much more efficient at the rim, shooting the same from 3. And he's creating for himself a little less, but that's largely due to Luka getting him open looks inside so frequently-- with the Knicks, 64% of his 2s were assisted and nearly 99% of his 3s were assisted, while in Dallas, 72% of his 2s are assisted and 97% of his 3s are assisted. So outside of playing at the rim more and shooting off the bounce in the mid-range a little less, not much has changed in terms of his relative offensive efficiency imo, even without the speed, just because he can straight up shoot over most people. If anything, Luka's made his life a little easier getting open shots, so they probably wish his 3P% off the catch (38%) was higher.

The problem isn't his offense as much as it is his defense, that's where the lack of speed is really glaring. He's not even rotating over to protect the rim as efficiently. The Mavs don't need Knicks Zingis on offense, but they badly needed Knicks Zingis on defense-- namely, a guy who is okay for his size on switches and is a very competent rim protector. Now, he's appalling on defense, a total liability to the point where I don't know what they can do with him. They need his 20 points a game, but he also has the worst defensive on-off numbers of any of their major contributors by a lot, to the point the Mavs were a notably better team by the numbers when he wasn't on the floor. (Meanwhile, his last two years on the Knicks, they were a much *worse* defensive unit without Porzingis on the floor by the numbers.)

So really, they don't need much from Zingis on offense beyond what they have-- and the things they need offensively from him wouldn't even really be helped by added mobility. He just needs to shoot off the catch at a slightly higher percentage to help spread the floor. But man, they could *really* use his Knicks mobility on the defensive end. So the injuries affected that, for sure.

But going back to the original point, even if Zingis was a Knicks-level competent defender, they paid him the same amount that, like, Minnesota paid Karl Anthony-Towns and Phoenix paid Devin Booker. Denver paid less for Jamal Murray, Boston paid less for Jaylen Brown. If you're paying that for Zingis, you have to think he's the second best player on a title contender at minimum... and they paid him that *after* he sat out for a year due to ACL surgery. That is... a *lot* of faith.
2739424, those injuries musta scared the shit outta him.
Posted by PROMO, Mon Jun-07-21 09:55 AM
he turned into a bitch. he wasn't like this in NYC.
2739728, Carlisle gotta define his role.
Posted by Castro, Wed Jun-09-21 03:37 PM
2739374, Clippers out here destroying memes.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jun-06-21 06:17 PM
Luka getting the FULL LeBron experience.
2739387, Luka Hater checking in...Thank You Kawhi and PG
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jun-06-21 10:52 PM
I was starting to get nauseous
2739390, boy people gonna be sick when Luka get some help lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-06-21 11:05 PM
breh need to work on his free throws, which im not worried about that coming along

and come into the season in shape. dude's tracksuit eastern euro genes are winning right now.

but other than that he certified. PG and Kawhi see it too that boy gave them hell by himself 2 years in a row
2739407, Pretty much
Posted by Cenario, Sun Jun-06-21 11:44 PM
2739411, easier said than done
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jun-07-21 05:09 AM
dallas isnt some big name market

the lack of state income tax is cool but you saw how long it took for him to get dirk help? and that was a rag tag bunch of once upon a time all-stars and has-beens and a herculean effort from dirk
2739427, To be fair, Dallas is the fifth biggest market.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 10:10 AM
And Cuban is clearly willing to spend.

That said, you are correct that it generally hasn't had the sort of appeal that smaller markets like Boston or Miami have had.

That said again, they've never had a guy this good at this young. Wouldn't surprise me if, like Jrue heading to Milwaukee (and Bogdanovic trying to go to Milwaukee), having a major MVP candidate not even in his prime yet attracts the sorts of talent that helps a young stud bring in titles.

Maybe not a super team... but it also wouldn't surprise me if the next super teams aren't built around Giannis, Jokic, Luka, etc. These guys who are 26 and under but already playing at MVP/All-NBA first team levels. Especially Luka, being only 22.
2739409, That LAC-Mavs series was one for the ages
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jun-07-21 12:13 AM
Luka was insane. You can really tell that he turned pro at like 14/15. Always composed like a veteran; well beyond his years. Canelo was like that as well. When he was 19 he was outclassing world-class fighters - product of turning pro as a teen with deep experience at very young age.

Kawhi really bossed up. Best he's ever played offensively. Dallas really had a great chance at closing out the series in Game 6. They were up late and playing well - but Kawhi went off late. That saved the series for Clippers.

-->
2739416, Kawhi when he's on the DayQuil is a bad man.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jun-07-21 09:22 AM
saw it in 2019 playoffs... when he can, he will dominate a game. If not for some late game BS w/the Warriors, that series would have been done in 5 with Kawhi at the helm
2739423, Warriors might've been done in 17 if Zaza didn't take out his ankle
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-07-21 09:47 AM
2739428, The Butterfly Effect Theory is full effect there.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jun-07-21 10:12 AM
Pretty wild how that one injury changed the fortunes for so many franchises.
2739443, WOULD HAVE
Posted by Castro, Mon Jun-07-21 12:13 PM
2739433, I like Kawhi but I didnt think he had that Game 6 in him
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-07-21 10:39 AM
that dude was getting buckets and Klamping Luka at the same damn time. had our watch party going crazy
2739449, Harden out for Game 2
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jun-07-21 12:49 PM
2739455, Luka’s lack of speed or pace hurts him tremendously late in
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 01:47 PM
games as the defense against him becomes faster and more aggressive.

Even Bird played a lot faster, or sped up his play against the Lakers in order
to be able to match their speed. Also, Jokic is a lot quicker than Luka with the ball
as a facilitator and scorer. Jokic is sneaky quick.

Luka just seems like he is stuck in quicksand at times when he is getting
into the offense, and on defense he is basically not even there because he
is too slow to react.

So the question is being asked should Luka be the primary ball handler?

Would he be better at the 2 or 3, especially in the second half of games,
and let a quicker, faster player run the point?

I’m not really a fan of his game. I’m more of Jokic guy, so there is some bias there.

2739459, Zingis frustrated, feels "more like an afterthought than a co-star." (ESPN)
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 03:06 PM
He needs to get happy fast. The only time the word "star" appears next to Porzingis these days is in the phrase "startlingly slow."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31579933/nba-playoffs-2021-luka-doncic-superstar-ascent-created-table-dallas-mavericks

"Then there are questions about the chemistry between Doncic and Porzingis. The Mavs' franchise cornerstones admittedly aren't friends, a distant dynamic that team owner Mark Cuban has compared to the early stages of the partnership between Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry, which ultimately produced two NBA Finals appearances and a championship.

But Porzingis has been frustrated, often feeling more like an afterthought than a co-star as Doncic dominates the ball and the spotlight, sources told ESPN. Porzingis frequently made thinly veiled references during his postgame media availabilities, such as saying the "ball actually moved tonight" after high-scoring performances or stating that the offense didn't involve him on low-scoring nights.

"It's just the plays we were running," Porzingis said after an April 7 loss to the last-place Houston Rockets when asked why he didn't get any shots in the fourth quarter despite scoring 23 points on 10-of-19 shooting in the game. After a pause, he added: "Happened before also.""
2739468, If he don't sit his sorry soft ass down somewhere.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jun-07-21 06:23 PM
2739469, Yeah, his comments make it seem like he's doing exactly what the coaches want
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jun-07-21 06:25 PM
nonetheless I agree with your earlier comments about his injuries and not exactly being a unicorn anymore. When he came in the League it was kinda hard to fine anyone above 6'9 with his skill set...now you got other 7 footers doing it better
2739475, get more than 5 rebounds you tall ass bum
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-07-21 07:01 PM
2739522, He looks out of place. He's better than that, but he aint Luka.
Posted by Castro, Tue Jun-08-21 08:26 AM
LOL he may feel like Luka stole his thunder...but there wasn't that much smoke there. First off, gotta be healthy.......
2739470, so Thibs got COY
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-07-21 06:32 PM
2739472, Monty got more first places votes too.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jun-07-21 06:45 PM
Not by MANY but 45-42.
2739473, Monty's probably cool COY is like the kiss of death for black coaches...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-07-21 06:50 PM
every one that wins it gets fired a year or 2 later
2739474, It’s mind boggling.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 06:50 PM
The Knicks aren’t all that better. They benefited from other teams being
plagued with injuries and missing players. Atlanta exposed all that.
They have zero offense. ...That’s not coach of the year worthy. That
Is more like honorable mention worthy.

Suns went from not making the POs to having the second best
record in the NBA, and they have an opportunity to go all the way
to the finals. They are great on both sides of the ball.

Monty Williams should have gotten it....or even Nate Mcmillian.
He got that offense clicking ,and he has improved Trae Young’s ability

2739482, Agreed. Should've gone to Monty or Nate.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-07-21 07:58 PM
2739487, Nah, Knicks got a lot better but Monty or Nate couldve
Posted by DJR, Mon Jun-07-21 08:30 PM
Nate should’ve gotten a lot more votes.

Regardless, the Pacers flopped without him and the Hawks are going strong. Says it all.
2739489, Not happy. Don' t want him in Gotham long term. This added a year.
Posted by Castro, Mon Jun-07-21 08:32 PM
2739525, He's going into year two
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Jun-08-21 08:41 AM
of a five year deal, so an extension probably won't happen until year four. I would hope this COTY award will be a long distant memory by then in terms of evaluating Thibs and giving him a contract extension.

Secondly, the way things can quickly go left in NYC, this award could be more of a liability than an asset in terms of Thibs staying in NYC for the long term.

I wasn't a fan of him before the season started, but Thibs succeeding means the Knicks succeeding, so in the short term, I don't want him to go, at least not yet.

Him playing Randle and Barrett for the long playing times like he did during the regular season will eventually hurt the Knicks though, if that's what you're referring to in terms of wanting him to go.
2739471, Thibs over Monty? FOH
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jun-07-21 06:42 PM
2739476, Super Team shit is crazy
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 07:13 PM
Blake was just basically bullshitting in Detroit like
Moss was in Oakland..

2739477, Middleton shook. Sit his ass down
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jun-07-21 07:14 PM
2739478, Bucks should just fire Bud rn. maybe they'll still win the series
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-07-21 07:26 PM
2739480, they look completely aimless
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-07-21 07:34 PM
like bud is saying, "i don't know, y'all figure it out on the floor" in the timeouts
2739510, Bud can always star in the next Ruffles Without Ridges commercial:
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Jun-07-21 11:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFsmCRGJnoQ&t=12s
2739479, Blake out here poking on cats like it’s 2013!
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 07:32 PM
Bucks are missing Donte badly...don’t have that other athletic guard
to hit 3s, rebound or play defense....

They got Middleton at the two. HE can’t guard Irving! And Tucker as a SF

2739484, Marv legit disgusted at Giannis pulling up from 3 lmaoooo
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-07-21 08:08 PM
"i dont understand this cant you just tell him to not shoot from there"
2739501, i wonder if he has the green light to do this or if he's just doing his own
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Jun-07-21 09:36 PM
own thing out there as the franchise guy.

because if it's latter he's going to need some spo/riley tough love from whatever coaching staff is brought in.
2739485, I cant wait until these Super Teams stop being a thing
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Jun-07-21 08:21 PM
They're about to cake walk to the Finals. Even the Bucks cant make this competitive. I don't know how anyone could be happy with these games and lack of intrigue.
2739488, you know harden isn't playing, right?
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-07-21 08:30 PM
2739495, RE: you know harden isn't playing, right?
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 09:08 PM
But Blake is....and clearly he was dogging it in detroit

And Aldridge would have been here if it weren’t for his health.

2739497, Um......that proves my point.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Jun-07-21 09:11 PM
Even without Harden. Its obvious Blake Griffin was full of shit in Detroit and just not trying. He's still Blake Griffin.This is a team with four bonafide Team USA All-NBA players beating the dog shit out of a fairly good team.
2739509, when/if harden comes back and they're stomping teams i'll agree with you
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-07-21 11:06 PM
in principle. i like all of the big 3 and harden is my favorite player. i hope harden gets a ring so folks will stop talking about him derisively. generally i agree that superteams aren't great for the league. i remember being sick of the warriors and their fans even when i was barely paying attention to basketball

however

right now the nets are "merely" a very good playoff team, especially in the east. it's "only" 2 superstars and a bunch of roleplayers, one of which is an aging ex-superstar. they don't even have their best defender in jeff green. they're winning mostly because they had an adverse regular season where their starting lineups were constantly an unknown. they were frequently giving away big leads and having to fight to get them back, generally with only 1 or 2 of the big 3 on the court. they came back from 20 point deficits 4 times this season and if i'm not mistaken 0 of those games were with all 3 superstars playing. they built a lot of chemistry and developed a strong resilient spirit during those games. that's why they are kicking the shit out of an opponent with an about equal offense and a superior defense
2739518, ^^^ an objective take
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 07:55 AM
>in principle. i like all of the big 3 and harden is my
>favorite player. i hope harden gets a ring so folks will stop
>talking about him derisively. generally i agree that
>superteams aren't great for the league. i remember being sick
>of the warriors and their fans even when i was barely paying
>attention to basketball
>
>however
>
>right now the nets are "merely" a very good playoff team,
>especially in the east. it's "only" 2 superstars and a bunch
>of roleplayers, one of which is an aging ex-superstar. they
>don't even have their best defender in jeff green. they're
>winning mostly because they had an adverse regular season
>where their starting lineups were constantly an unknown. they
>were frequently giving away big leads and having to fight to
>get them back, generally with only 1 or 2 of the big 3 on the
>court. they came back from 20 point deficits 4 times this
>season and if i'm not mistaken 0 of those games were with all
>3 superstars playing. they built a lot of chemistry and
>developed a strong resilient spirit during those games.
>that's why they are kicking the shit out of an opponent with
>an about equal offense and a superior defense

They had a resilient spirit and were fun before they got the big three and the few players BKN still has carried it over. Joey Buckets out there looking like he got through a swordfight with all the red lashes on him during the regular season even.

how is it that the Bucks got close to nada in the paint in game two? you telling me Durant leading the team offensively as well as shutting down Brook in the post? How many times the bucks got the ball poked out on a drive?

Clax going out of his way to communicate when there is an open man on the perimeter

Shamet, Brown, James, all had really key buckets

And yeah Griffin been playing inspired ball, bringing veteran savvy and experience. I'm loving that he is getting to prove doubters wrong (though I agree he was bullshitting in Detroit)

2739538, RE: Blake
Posted by The Mac, Tue Jun-08-21 09:47 AM
Blake aint aging or a vet hes 32 years old fully in his prime ya'll be making shit up to justify these bullshit teams
2739544, Blake griffin is in his prime???? Dafuq
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jun-08-21 10:10 AM
2739546, he may not be in his prime but he's not as washed as people thought
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 10:27 AM
2739558, This is a good matchup for Blake.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-08-21 11:27 AM
He doesn't have to play any physical defense down low or fight over the tops of screens outside. He's just sagging back and letting Giannis have several feet of space when Giannis is floating around the perimeter or the free throw line.

Add to that that Blake is (and has been) a better passing big man than most of the bigs in the NBA, and he can really supercharge the Nets offense even when he's not doing the scoring just by nature of his really smart ball movement.
2739566, he's not as washed bc he's playing with 3 superstars and isn't asked to do
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jun-08-21 12:53 PM
much and his team is looking good.

He avg'd 10 and 5 on < 50% shooting with Brooklyn during the reg seas and that's even with the big 3 constantly missing games.

in the playoffs he's averaging 7 and 6. If he was on portland or dallas or the knicks or some other team that got sent home, you would be talking bout how washed he is.
2739548, lol he said FULLY too lol
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 10:33 AM
>
2739549, I’m only 32, but my body is old (c)Blake/Prodigy
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 10:37 AM
Dude has a lot of miles on him. He’s in his 13th season. Plus, he’s had knee problems, since Oklahoma. He was hurt, that last year, in Detroit. He actually played really well, when he got there. Casey had him initiating offense, he was handling the ball, had a nice little outside shot going. He’s clearly not washed…but people acting like he’s Clipper, dunking on Mosgov Blake, are being disingenuous.
2739516, Did you watch the last two Nets / Bucks games played @ Bucks?
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 07:36 AM
Both were incredibly interesting games that were close, and the Nets lost both.

The 'super team' thing is not an issue when you consider how well the Nets bench and role players played.

Again, the Bucks look like TRASH but I doubt they will fold for a third game (and third year) straight. I could be wrong, but they are way more capable than they are showing and that has zero to do with Kyrie and KD playing on the same squad.

2739588, That's regular season
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Jun-08-21 03:01 PM
Playoffs are a completely different animal....as seen by two straight beat downs, without Harden even playing yet.
2739594, that's 100% on the Bucks. How they fold every year like this?
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 03:16 PM
cmon you telling me these guys are playing to their potential?
2739486, i'm really enjoying giannis' struggles at the FT line
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-07-21 08:28 PM
2739523, Mr. Whammie coming through
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 08:30 AM
2739493, By 40? Without Harden? Lmao nobody has a chance
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jun-07-21 09:03 PM
2739517, Middleton and Giannis shook af, and nobody doing shit except Forbes
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 07:39 AM
during one stretch.

Jrue had some flashes and Middleton kind of came on in the second half.

There's no way the Bucks can continue to play this poorly, they gotta win at least one at home
2739496, Giannis is quickly reaching "regular season guy" status....
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Jun-07-21 09:08 PM
Seems like the same thing happens every year in the playoffs.
2739498, Tatum had to play all 3 of em and took a game off em
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-07-21 09:15 PM
Giannis just aint that guy like that.
2739500, "regular season guy" = a star with a shit jumper who relies on driving
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Jun-07-21 09:33 PM
these types cannot be anything more than a third or fourth option vs a playoff defense.

same thing goes for ben. and julius (kind of).

2739508, Yeah i said the same thing last year.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Mon Jun-07-21 11:05 PM
He cant function against "playoff" defenses. The bully over people stuff goes out the window with defensive adjustments in the playoffs, leaving his game exposed. He looks terrible
2739511, It's just as much everyone else.
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Jun-08-21 12:54 AM
Giannis is still really effective going to the rim, but the rest of the Bucks ain't doing shit! It's embarrassing how badly they're shooting the ball. Not even getting to the line, all they're doing is missing jumpers.

Game 1 they were

45/101 FG (29/77 without Giannis' numbers)
6/30 3PT (4/25)
11/19 FT (11/16)

Game 2

37/84 FG (28/69 without Giannis' numbers)
8/27 3PT (8/24)
4/9 FT (2/2)

That shit just ain't gonna cut it. I can live with Giannis going 0-3 from three, but the rest of you fucks cannot go 4-25. Can't live with only 1 person beside Giannis going to the line 1 time. The fuck.
2739527, You just described Russell Westbrook perfectly.
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 09:04 AM
>these types cannot be anything more than a third or fourth
>option vs a playoff defense.
>
>same thing goes for ben. and julius (kind of).
>
>
2739520, without Tony/Manu/Kawhi Tim is probably a "regular season guy"...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 08:16 AM
especially on those last few championship teams
2739956, Lol at this blatant hate. Duncan is the exact opposite of a “regular
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Jun-12-21 08:31 AM
season guy.”

Him (2003), Dream, and Dirk are the only guys in the past 30+ years to win a title w/o a dominant teammate. Not at all saying they’re the best, but they’re in unique company.

The same 2000 team that destroyed the Knicks in ‘99 couldn’t make it out of the first round the next year. Wonder why? Timmay got injured right before the playoffs. Before Manu and TP developed into stars (which didn’t happen til the mid 2000s), the Spurs were garbage w/o Duncan. He played considerably more minutes than everyone else and was relied upon the shoulder more of a load than any of his teammates by a considerable margin. His numbers always went up in the postseason. Hence him being the exact opposite of what you’re trying to falsely claim he is. Can’t believe you’re still holding on to all that hate after so many years.
2739499, Who is the side reporter for TNT?
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-07-21 09:29 PM
Sounded like a convict reading his written letter out loud.

We all chilling and shit..tell earl I said what’s up, and send some Newports.
2739502, So, well educated and highly regarded Grant Hill sounds soft....
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jun-07-21 09:59 PM
and well educated and highly regarded Chris Haynes sounds like a convict? What you only like to hear white men speak?
2739505, Damn
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jun-07-21 10:51 PM
2739514, Nope...
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 07:11 AM
He is just bad at reading the teleprompter ..white and black ain’t got
shit to do with it.

But thank you for reaching and trying to pull the race card...
2739569, You have a whole lot of "White Guy 101" takes
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 01:13 PM
>He is just bad at reading the teleprompter ..white and black
>ain’t got
>shit to do with it.

I mean, that's a long standing pattern with you.

You say a lot of shit that reads like you're reciting entries of the White Guy Thoughts On The World reference manual.

>But thank you for reaching and trying to pull the race
>card...

As if on cue, you just said "trying to pull the race card".

You've also been a little coy about identifying your race, from what I recall. Even if you're not white, you hold a lot of positions that correspond with predominantly white perspectives.

It comes up because it's glaring.
2739649, LOL!
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Jun-09-21 01:31 AM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2739504, They hunting Book
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jun-07-21 10:40 PM
2739513, PHX went at Joker to close out the game...and it worked
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-08-21 05:23 AM
CP3 got a lot of points by getting Joker to matchup

... and then errybody was doing it...

Ayton outplaying another Top 5 guy

PHX advances...dare I say he has arrived

Joker too slow and no shot block threat on defense

It will be interesting to see how DEN adjusts in Game 2
2739515, Denver is just badly missing a lot of good players.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 07:17 AM
No Murray, no barton, no dozier. Phx is exploiting that. They are
good defensive team compared to Portland.

However, Barton and Dozier are expected to return during the series.
2739521, we knew that last year, his fantasy stats on offense this year made...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 08:18 AM
everybody forget and Terry Stotts was to dumb to exploit it

>Joker too slow and no shot block threat on defense

2739533, They need to abandon the switch everything defense and zone up
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-08-21 09:32 AM
When PHX is making shots

Probably goes for every team

Switching everything always results in ISO matchups vs the worst defender
2739526, Even a healthy Lakers squad would lose to Brooklyn
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 09:00 AM
I'm cracking up at the thought of Caruso/Schroeder trying to check Kyrie and Harden.

Another dynasty is unfolding before our very eyes.
2739529, I’m not sold yet.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 09:17 AM
Boston exposed them with that one win. They couldn’t stop Tatum,
and if Brown were there that series would have been different.

The Bucks are just limited offensively, and don’t have the high offensive
talent that is necessary to compete with Brooklyn. You have to be able
to score in different ways to compete against Brooklyn, and have a high BB
IQ.

I think a team like ATL can surprise them...they have highly skilled offensive players
who can get buckets. Or the Clippers..

So I think ATL/ Clippers can beat them...especially with no Harden.

2739534, Let me know if you wanna bet on that....nm
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 09:39 AM

>So I think ATL/ Clippers can beat them...especially with no
>Harden.
>
>
>
>
>
>
2739535, right, Harden and KD have battled injuries all year and who knows when...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 09:42 AM
Kyrie will check out
2739552, Brooklyn posted the best offensive rating in NBA history this season.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-08-21 10:57 AM
So as one of the biggest believers in Atlanta on this board, and as the guy who said in a previous post, before the Knicks series was over, that I felt Atlanta would beat a fully healthy Philadelphia... I don't think Atlanta has a chance if their plan is simply to outscore Brooklyn. Especially since Atlanta defensively is the same as Brooklyn, and I'd argue worse than Brooklyn because so many of Brooklyn's defensive deficiencies during the season were simply due to not giving a shit.

It'd be an *insanely* fun series, though. And I think it'll happen. But yeah, I'd absolutely put money on Brooklyn in that series.
2739555, taking DJ out of the rotation in favor of Blake / Clax has worked
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 11:03 AM
WONDERS defensively

There were a ton of takeaways by the nets last night

2739557, And honestly, it was an insanely obvious choice from the jump, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-08-21 11:21 AM
They're all about ball movement and shiftiness and putting players on the floor to help space for the stars, and Jordan is... just none of those things, lol. He put up the worst on-off numbers on the team this year by a pretty sizable margin.
2739561, Exactly!
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 11:46 AM
>He put up the worst
>on-off numbers on the team this year by a pretty sizable
>margin.

Fans have been clamoring for Clax all season. He's a great perimeter defender.

It's fun watching 10 lobs per game but DJ throws off the defensive cohesion (blake stays holding his hands up in confusion after a score off penetration too but he's been hustling at least lol), with the smaller unit they've been able to clog the Bucks up before they can dump down to Brook or penetrate effectively.

and the ball movement offensively is next level. Would be much more fun to watch if Bucks could answer offensively
2739559, I think it will be matchup dictated, against some teams they may need DJ
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 11:43 AM
2739577, DJ's been their worst interior defending big this year, though.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-08-21 02:09 PM
By the On/Off numbers, no player on the Nets affected their defense negatively more than DJ this year. Which, considering their roster, is *really* saying something, lol.

He doesn't even really protect the rim the best. Claxton posts a higher block rate, and the team as a whole block a higher percentage of shots with DJ on the bench.

He's just not the guy he used to be. Like, unless they face a team with a slow big man who only plays at the rim, I don't know how DJ helps... and even then, I'd rather play Claxton.
2739583, we'll see.
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jun-08-21 02:41 PM
2739562, They are going to need Harden against Atlanta.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 12:08 PM
Atl is not the Bucks. They have some walking buckets.

And Trae will put penetrating pressure on their interior defense,
and Capela will dominate the board and block shots.

Styles make fights...and ATL has the style and coaching to make it a fight.

2739567, lol
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jun-08-21 12:54 PM
2739572, LOL
Posted by Lach, Tue Jun-08-21 01:30 PM
2739574, Lol
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 01:59 PM
You are putting way too much stock in a loss to the Celtics that took a 50 point effort from Tatum and some defensive lapses by Brooklyn

>Atl is not the Bucks. They have some walking buckets.
>
>And Trae will put penetrating pressure on their interior
>defense,
>and Capela will dominate the board and block shots.
>
>Styles make fights...and ATL has the style and coaching to
>make it a fight.
>
>
2739598, Naw I’m just not a prisoner of the moment.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 03:28 PM
And we see this all the time ,a so called sure shot to win the title.

Brooklyn faced a Boston team without their second best player.

And they are facing a limited Milwaukee team.

I’m saying without Harden, Atl will put up a fight if they can
get past philly. They got bigs, shooters, defense, and outstanding
coaching.

I just think ATL and the Clippers have the personnel that can match up.

I have no problem with fading the public.
2739596, ^picked Boston over Brooklyn
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jun-08-21 03:17 PM

-->
2739597, no I didn’t.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 03:21 PM
I didn’t care about that series.

And they didn’t have brown.
2739599, here's what you said about Brooklyn when I stated they were elite
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jun-08-21 03:29 PM
in this post:
https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2729785&mesg_id=2729785&page=

"No matter how you want to incorrectly describe it. Two of those players are volume chuckers, with zero knowledge of playing defense. Basketball is a two way effort. Also take a trip down basketball history.

I still don’t put them ahead of Milwaukee, Philly or Boston, because of their lack of defense.

But go ahead and hype this shit up."

Turns out I rather correctly described it - and you ate up another epic L.

-->
2739606, It's as if he's not a sports guy
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 03:47 PM
2739608, lmao
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jun-08-21 04:11 PM
2739615, In the end, I will party off you like always.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 04:53 PM
You’re so desperate for a win you will up and try anything.

Keep that same energy, champ. It will make my partying
so much greater.
2739620, What you'll do is move the goalpost, like always
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 05:47 PM
You'll pretend you've won by moving a goalpost.

You'll dance around and make the same posthoc rationalizations you always do, in order to delude yourself that you've "won".

Someone will point out exactly why you're wrong, and you'll do the equivilant of plugging your ears and shouting "LALALALALLALALA"

In the process, you'll say some shit that sounds like it was ghost written by the sort of white republican dude who has a last name for a first name.

Someone will call you out on it, and as if entirely oblivious to the point, you'll talk about a "race card" being played.

Some people will attempt to engage you with sincerity.
Other people will wonder why they bother.

Others will mock you mercilessly for your absurdity.

Some will react with a combination of the aforementioned, and you'll pretend that they just can't debate your superior intellect with reason and civility.

Then you'll get incredibly loud and wrong again, Groundhog's Day will proceed as always.
2739627, How is that Lakers and Lebron L working out for you?
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 06:33 PM
Goalpost on that.

You always write a word buffet. Learn how to be concise with your
garbage...I mean verbiage.
2739676, There's a reason you never address the *content* of those words
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jun-09-21 09:49 AM
I wrote ten concise sentences, clearly formatted and everything.

Twenty seconds of reading, tops.

That's hardly a "buffet". I've already pointed out the way you respond when someone clearly shows that you're wrong, or otherwise takes you to task.

I laid out your entire gimmick, chapter and verse, with clarity, detail and accuracy.

Of course you'll deflect to word count, despite there not being all that many words.

Also, the term you're looking for- and incorrectly, clumsily trying to apply- is "word salad".

2739722, No...I meant word buffet.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jun-09-21 02:52 PM
Word salad would be understating your garbage....uh, I meant verbiage.
2739832, That makes even less sense.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-10-21 03:51 PM
Again- there's a reason you don't actually address the content of those words.

Everything I said is specific, detailed and accurate representation of a significant portion of your interactions.

But it's easier to make these dumb, blanket dismissals than it is to address that.
2739610, “We’ll give you $5 off, if we fail to give you a receipt”
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 04:38 PM
2739611, You upped some shit from January in regards to the trade
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 04:38 PM
That has nothing do with the actual playoff series..I didn’t care either way.
We were ranking those teams at that time...and just because I ranked
those teams ahead at that time had nothing to do with the PO series.

Just make sure you’re back here when the championship is all said done
so you can collect another colossal L

Now go back to auctioning of your lebron jerseys on EBay
and sit in the epic Lakers and Lebron L
2739543, I think it was game 2 vs MIA that MIL went the F off
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jun-08-21 10:08 AM
Obviously, that wasn’t going to last
Really expected MIL to be a matchup problem for BKN
Didn’t expect Middleton to disappear
...but KD looks locked in on both ends of the floor...

You might be right...because Giannis is a DPOTY...and KD giving him work

Only questions remain are health

I believe they will need Harden in the ECF/Finals

That hammy kept him out for a couple of weeks...but yeah, they’re a nightmare
2739578, KD to Jay Williams: you don’t know me
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 02:19 PM
I like Jay, but he does that a lot…especially with KD. I dunno if KD told him this or not, but if he did, he should have kept it to himself.

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1402279473169502219?s=20

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1402278410030882826?s=20
2739580, First 15 comments: "Win a real ring"
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jun-08-21 02:31 PM
SMH

His response to the injury question in the post-game was ruthless too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiqAGU3ZUfE

2739584, He reaaaaally gives no fucks, now
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 02:50 PM
2739579, RE: Blake, Frank and Cenario nailed it in 123 and 127
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 02:21 PM
Blake has a certain skillset that helps BK's offense flow much more smoothly, but it's not as though he's doing Prime Blake Griffin work out there.

He's providing valuable passing and ball movement, and doesn't overplay Giannis on the perimeter.

He's a good role player doing just the right things his team needs from him.

People see highlights and the reductionist comments about how he was faking it in Detroit, and assume that's the case.

He's clearly a shell of the guy who took the league by storm way back when. It's just that that shell was a perfect match for the team around him.
2739587, yeah the dunks are nice but its not like he's putting up 20 and 10
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jun-08-21 03:01 PM
2739603, But he didn't dunk in Detroit.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 03:41 PM
He's dunking now.

Doesn't that mean that he exactly the same as the all-star caliber player he used to be, because he also did dunks?

Right?
Anyone?
Bueller?
2739589, He was literally not even dunking in Detroit.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Jun-08-21 03:03 PM
Now he's high flying all of a sudden.
2739602, You literally didn't read my post
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 03:39 PM
Otherwise, you wouldn't have said this in response.
2739626, You're literally playing dumb just to be dumb
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Jun-08-21 06:08 PM
Its called effort. Yes he is doing what they ask of him. But a pro player going from not even trying and having people think he is a shell of his former self, and forcing his way out to leaping and posturizing the Defensive Player of the Year....as if he couldn't still drop 20 and 10 on a team with say....not three other ALL NBA PLAYERS. Keep playing dumb though
2739591, cmon he didnt dunk for 2 whole ass years
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Jun-08-21 03:07 PM
and now he posterizing Giannis and getting putbacks. thats what people are reacting to
2739600, Of course, but there's a big difference between that and "he's back!"
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-08-21 03:32 PM
I mean, two seasons ago, he put up 25-8-5, and he gritted it out through a knee injury in a playoff series just to try to throw a team on his hobbled back. Again, that was *two years ago.* Since arriving in Brooklyn, he's averaging 10-5-2.

It's clear he was saving at least some gas in the tank from 2020 on-- considering he can't keep hurting his knees on losing teams if he wishes to remain in the league, that's not a big surprise. So I'm also not terribly surprised that he can still unleash the occasional dunk that reminds you, "oh yeah, he's Blake Griffin." He's just transformed into Glue Guy Griffin, a guy too washed to carry even a bad NBA team, but not nearly so washed that he can't be a valuable fourth best player on a contender.

(Aldridge would fall into this category too imo-- imagine this team with him on the roster also!)
2739605, I’m not sure why folks are doing so much with this…
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 03:46 PM
he was HURT in Detroit….a lot. He had a knee surgery as recently as Jan of last year. He tried, in Detroit. I watched a lot of their games, because he was there. Casey basically said before the season, they were going to expand his game out to the three point line. He’s very skilled. Now he’s healthy(er) and a time or two he can bang one, but this is not Lob City Blake out there.
2739601, You mean, like I said in my fourth sentence?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-08-21 03:37 PM
Maybe read before you reply.

That helps.
2739617, Shit, Conley out tonight with a hamstring.
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 05:37 PM
2739618, :(
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jun-08-21 05:45 PM
2739628, Michael Porter slightly hurt his back in the first half
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 06:41 PM
against the Suns. Nuggets had the lead going into the half, but
fell off the map in the second half. Makes sense now.

He is still expected to play tomorrow, but for a young player, who has had microdiscectomy surgery, that has to be very concerning

He is the second best player on the floor for denver, and he is 20 years old.

If Jokic pulls this series off, shitttt....Best international player on the planet.

2739630, Jim Jackson is very solid behind the microphone.
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Jun-08-21 07:18 PM
He should get more prime time announcing gigs for TNT. He isn't too awkward, doesn't try to force any corny jokes during the game, and isn't prone too making gaffs or mistakes in his basketball observations.

Hopefully he'll take the spot Chris Webber left with TNT dismissing him. If I'm not mistaken, normally Webber or Reggie Miller normally got the prime time announcing gigs for TNT games in the past.
2739631, That dude is one of the best. I prefer him and Greg Anthony.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 07:43 PM
They are not there to overly praise or champion players. They stick to the
fundamentals of the game when it comes to analyzing, and they don’t
over-exaggerate the action.

Also, Grant Hill has grown on me. I used to think he was a soft analyst,
because of how he commentated college games. He is totally different
when covering NBA basketball. He goes in, so maybe he doesn’t have
the same type of analytical freedom when covering the NCAA for CBS.

Reggie is still the man, though. He rarely does the early games. He usually
does the second game, and is usually the one on the Clipper/Lakers games.

He should be on the tonight’s Clipper
2739641, Anthony gets the nod tonight...
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 09:24 PM
I’m down with that.

Surprising that Miller isn’t on the game
2739632, Do what you do Huerter
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jun-08-21 07:53 PM
2739633, Breh…Gallo and Huerter, though!
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 07:54 PM
2739634, Atl got buckets, and they are going up against a strong defensive
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 07:56 PM
team. The Knicks were one of the best defensive teams as well.

Embid looks fine. He is doing his thing big time in the paint.

Good game.
2739635, Bogie: You wasn’t with me when they was shooting outside the gym
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-08-21 08:27 PM
2739638, Doc goes to Milton out of desperation to get the offense
Posted by allStah, Tue Jun-08-21 09:09 PM
going, because ATL went up by 1.

He hasn’t really been getting tick, and only played 6 mins I believe in the
last game. He drops 14 points and Philly goes on 24-3 run.

Craziest shit I have ever seen.

AtL players were like WTF?

2739642, Pat Bev early
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jun-08-21 09:37 PM
2739643, This dude Clarkson is hilarious
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jun-08-21 09:48 PM
2739648, missed crowds, man
Posted by Nodima, Tue Jun-08-21 11:55 PM
Still watching most of these games in bars after work, sound off

What a fun ass second half

~~~~~~~~~
2739652, Full meniscus Embiid is some scary shit
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jun-09-21 07:03 AM
The Nets would have zero ways to stop him, but he looked pretty ginger on that after the game

If this Hawks series goes the distance and the Nets do their part he would do serious damage playing every other game

2739685, Have you apologized to Donovan Mitchell
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-09-21 10:48 AM
I didn’t see all the next GOAT ZOMG FUTURE FACE OF THE LEAGUE think pieces this morning

?

Best player
on the best team
Deserves more recognition
...and don’t use market as a plea cop, there was plenty of adulation and awards for Stockton/Malone...

DMitch on that trajectory.
2739698, RE: Have you apologized to Donovan Mitchell
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jun-09-21 12:34 PM
>I didn’t see all the next GOAT ZOMG FUTURE FACE OF THE
>LEAGUE think pieces this morning
>
>?
>
>Best player
>on the best team
>Deserves more recognition
>...and don’t use market as a plea cop, there was plenty of
>adulation and awards for Stockton/Malone...
>
>DMitch on that trajectory.

Stockton/Malone did it for how long?
2739715, lmao you are a miserable crabby hater
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jun-09-21 02:37 PM
Donovan Mitchell is better than the majority of the PGs listed in that bullshit ass rankings of yours

edit and John Stockton is overrated as fuck.

Kenny Anderson Rod Strickland Terrell Brandon Sam Cassell or any of those so called "second tier" pgs would have put up John Stockton numbers if they played alongside a top 5 HOF PF for damn near two decades in the same PnR

>>I didn’t see all the next GOAT ZOMG FUTURE FACE OF THE
>>LEAGUE think pieces this morning
>>
>>?
>>
>>Best player
>>on the best team
>>Deserves more recognition
>>...and don’t use market as a plea cop, there was plenty of
>>adulation and awards for Stockton/Malone...
>>
>>DMitch on that trajectory.
>
>Stockton/Malone did it for how long?
>
2739718, what are you even talking about lol...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jun-09-21 02:43 PM
>Donovan Mitchell is better than the majority of the PGs
>listed in that bullshit ass rankings of yours

if Donovan is a point guard what is your boy Conley?
2739721, i dont think Utah runs the traditional pg sg sf pf c lineup
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jun-09-21 02:47 PM
theyre both PGs...

Mitchell is better than Ja, Jrue, Ben Simmons, and Westbrook

>>Donovan Mitchell is better than the majority of the PGs
>>listed in that bullshit ass rankings of yours
>
>if Donovan is a point guard what is your boy Conley?
2739724, you're really reaching now
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jun-09-21 03:08 PM
2739752, Nah, those are facts
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-09-21 06:25 PM
Ya’ll gone learn

and this is coming from a 6ers fan

He better.

He took the ROTY award as a snub
and he’s been on a mission since...
I’m not sure what you’re watching
2739771, ThaLies forgot the meaning of PG a long time ago.
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jun-09-21 08:43 PM
he just likes guys who run fast and jump high

>Ya’ll gone learn
>
>and this is coming from a 6ers fan
>
>He better.
>
>He took the ROTY award as a snub
>and he’s been on a mission since...
>I’m not sure what you’re watching
2739773, cmon.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Jun-09-21 09:29 PM
>edit and John Stockton is overrated as fuck.
>
>Kenny Anderson Rod Strickland Terrell Brandon Sam Cassell or
>any of those so called "second tier" pgs would have put up
>John Stockton numbers if they played alongside a top 5 HOF PF
>for damn near two decades in the same PnR
2739882, Mailman was all-nba year 3...?
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-11-21 07:58 AM
Clarkson 6moty
Rudy dpoty

So it’s not like Utah gets overlooked because it’s not LA/NY

...and these are insiders, media personalities, etc...that vote on this stuff anyway

He’s been voted an all-star by the fans twice

https://cdn-nba-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/cdn.nba.com/manage/2021/06/kia-mvp-voting-results.jpg

The best player on the best team...didn’t get a single vote for MVP

...feels different...
2739729, I think Booker is better. Dude is a volume shooter. He can score.
Posted by Castro, Wed Jun-09-21 03:38 PM
He is explosive....but I think Booker is more efficient.
2739753, We BEEN waiting on Book to happen
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-09-21 06:28 PM
Shout out, they look like a legit chip team

His fate is in CP3’s hands TBH

Sypda was giving out work since day 1

and he’s the leader on the best team in the league

>>> (at this point in their career)

I wouldn’t be mad if Book wins
2739726, DeAndre Hunter done. Tough break for the Hawks.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-09-21 03:30 PM
They don’t really have a replacement for his defensive versatility and intangibles. Like, Solomon Hill isn’t the answer there.
2739727, Welp. That fucks things up for them. They needed him or Cam.
Posted by Castro, Wed Jun-09-21 03:36 PM
2739730, While I think they can win without Hunter/Cam…it’ll be harder.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-09-21 03:44 PM
I can count on Trae, Bogie, Collins, and Capela to do what they do… but Trae and Bogie can’t defend, and Capela can’t do EVERYTHING defensively. They need some supporting piece to either make some capable defensive rotations/stops or to go fucking nuclear on offense to make up for the lack of versatility defensively in these lineups.

Plus, while Cam’s been improving, DeAndre in particular just has a knack for making the right play and avoiding mistakes. His IQ is just so high— he’s the best possible fifth guy in your lineup, really. So losing him and replacing his minutes with a Solomon Hill or something… it sounds dumb to say “losing a fifth guy makes it hard to win!” but in a series that’s fairly evenly matched, it really does make a difference.
2739755, I think they will be okay. They played without Hunter
Posted by allStah, Wed Jun-09-21 06:46 PM
and Reddish for most of the last two months of the season,
and kept on rolling. So they know how to play without him.

Hill, Snell, Heurter all stepped up in his absence last time. They will
have to do it again. However, they can’t afford anymore injuries.
2739767, Rudy DPOY, overrated IMO but I guess they had to give it to somebody
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jun-09-21 08:03 PM
2739775, so I guess you didn't watch the end of the game last night?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Jun-09-21 09:33 PM
2739791, lol
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-10-21 12:15 AM
Even leaving that play aside, like… it’s so obvious that he’s DPOY. They’re an elite defense…. but of their top eight players, they have four bad defenders, two smart but slow defenders, O’Neal… and Gobert. They’re elite because no other big man can clean up as well as he can at the rim. It’s crazy how terrific he is at the rim.
2739818, LOL
Posted by Cenario, Thu Jun-10-21 11:34 AM
2739780, I mean…it’s deserved
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jun-09-21 09:54 PM
Like there wasn’t a clear cut choice but Rudy is really fucking good.

AD was robbed last year tho
2739829, this puts Rudy in the HOF convo. Is Rudy a HOF'er?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-10-21 03:19 PM
2739837, What does that have to do with whether or not he deserved it?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-10-21 04:44 PM
They aren’t going to make a decision based on if they think this puts him into the HOF convo.
2739838, Not yet. Resume's still behind Ben Wallace/Draymond Green.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-10-21 06:11 PM
If they could pull off a title this year, that'd come close to sealing the deal tho.

And if he can maintain this level of elite defense for let's say three more seasons? Yeah, he'll be in.
2739841, *cringe* at Draymond and Ben Wallace in the same sentence
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-10-21 06:47 PM
dude would be michael sweetney if he didnt play alongside 3 of the greatest shooters ever

>If they could pull off a title this year, that'd come close
>to sealing the deal tho.
>
>And if he can maintain this level of elite defense for let's
>say three more seasons? Yeah, he'll be in.
2739769, I like both the Suns and Nuggets
Posted by allStah, Wed Jun-09-21 08:35 PM

But I’m a Jokic Stan, love his game, but I’m not sure he can carry this team.

And Porter looks like a stiff board out there ...he doesn’t look right
at all. Maybe he will get better as the game rolls on.
2739772, Thrill is back
Posted by Beezo, Wed Jun-09-21 08:55 PM
2739777, Ballmore Maryland
Posted by Castro, Wed Jun-09-21 09:35 PM
2739778, You know how we dewww.
Posted by Beezo, Wed Jun-09-21 09:51 PM
2739779, Rivers, Cappazo and Porter out there just running around and shit.
Posted by Beezo, Wed Jun-09-21 09:53 PM
Terrible.
2739781, they're going to combine for 4 for 30 from 3 by the end of the game
Posted by bearfield, Wed Jun-09-21 09:56 PM
pitiful stuff
2739783, mcgee checking in is the death knell. might as well put bol out there
Posted by bearfield, Wed Jun-09-21 10:35 PM
give the audience a thrill
2739794, You can’t have Millsap as your second best player in 2021.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-10-21 12:31 AM
Any game where that’s true, you’re losing.
2739820, Aaron Gordon has been disappointing. I was hoping for more
Posted by GOMEZ, Thu Jun-10-21 11:43 AM
I bought into the story that moving him to a better team, w/better teammates around him and playing meaningful games would be a boost for him. It's looking like he pretty much is what his is - just pretty ok.
2739839, Middleton got that scary ass look on his face already
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-10-21 06:41 PM
2739844, L
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 07:11 PM
2739847, Hilarious coming from captain L
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-10-21 07:18 PM
2739849, Naw my ninja, he dropped close 20 in the first quarter.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 07:28 PM
You gotta walk with that.
2739842, giannis spends 12 seconds leading up to a FT shot and it's an airball
Posted by bearfield, Thu Jun-10-21 07:00 PM
stop wasting our time bro
2739850, Ref finally got tired of that shit too
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-10-21 07:34 PM
2739863, his game is grotesque in every way
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-10-21 10:18 PM
dude got zero bag
cant shoot FTs
cant shoot 3s but shoot a ton of em

2739870, i think he's secretly dense and unmalleable
Posted by bearfield, Thu Jun-10-21 11:21 PM
this clip of him saying he doesn't watch other teams' games and leaves his phone in the other room is pretty telling because i'm sure most of the messages he gets are from his coaches and teammates saying, "hey watch this team we're going to play. you need to learn how to beat their defense and stop their offense"

https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-news-giannis-antetokounmpo-explains-why-he-doesnt-watch-the-rest-of-the-nba/
2739877, I have wanted to say his for a while now
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Jun-11-21 05:36 AM
It was novel at first watching him euro step from so far away from the basket. And when he bulked up and started hoopin like he wanted to kill you

But we are entering the Now What stage of his career.
2739880, even his cartoonish telegraphed wind-up to bull rush the rim
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Jun-11-21 07:15 AM
where blake got a hand on the ball is just stupid

I was more of a fan before having to watch him more consistently

and the mean-mug on the dunk was just corny

Middleton keeping this series alive

2739845, Game LOOKS like it’s over.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 07:13 PM
Home cooking. Might be one of those series where neither team can win on
the road.
2739851, …you were saying?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-10-21 07:53 PM
2739853, LOOKS
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 08:16 PM
(that’s why it is in capital letters )

Not IS

Nice try though ...keep it up the energy.
2739848, apparently bruce brown just needs "james" his PnR partner's name
Posted by bearfield, Thu Jun-10-21 07:27 PM
any james will do
2739852, Fire Mike Bud after the game.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 07:53 PM
Bucks can get whatever they want in the paint. We saw it in the first half
of the first game.

They go up by 20 in the first quarter by attacking the rim, and then
they start taking jumpers in the second quarter and blow a big lead

It’s the dumbest shit ever.

2739854, Fuck Steve Javie
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-10-21 08:16 PM
2739855, Brown’s floater slide turned up to “Hall of Fame”
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-10-21 08:31 PM
2739856, Bucks just refuse keep attacking the paint.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 08:47 PM
They just continue to waste possessions with ISOs and terrible jump shots...
2739857, Kevin Wayne Durant
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-10-21 09:03 PM
2739859, Way too much time left
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-10-21 09:06 PM
2739860, can't agree with letting bruce brown take that many shots that late
Posted by bearfield, Thu Jun-10-21 09:10 PM
do something to get kd or kryie the ball there
2739903, RE: can't agree with letting bruce brown take that many shots that late
Posted by go mack, Fri Jun-11-21 12:19 PM
That was close to a Carlton stealing the ball from Will moment
2739861, Middleton shitted on the doubters.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jun-10-21 09:14 PM
At least Bud was smart to keep the ball in middleton’s hand
going down the stretch.

But with better coaching, Bucks could kill the nets without Harden.

Nets are too small in the paint,,,just keep attacking.

Those Silly ass 3 point shots drive me crazy.
2739871, Donovan Mitchell is a BOSS for that lefty up under after splitting the d
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-10-21 11:37 PM
Also god damn I hate the clippers ., dirty ass Reggie Jackson and Pat Bev on one team is repulsive

I hope PG and Kawhii leave ASAP.

..My bad for the delay.
>
>
>*skatin' the rings of saturn*
>
>
>..and miles to go before i sleep...
2739872, Clippers melting
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-10-21 11:48 PM
2739873, Pat Bev selling. why he get minutes?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-10-21 11:51 PM
2739875, Add “winning a title with Lue” to the case for Bron as GOAT.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-11-21 12:46 AM
His decisions have been appalling this series and last.
2739881, RE: 2021 NBA Playoffs: Week 3
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-11-21 07:48 AM
https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739345&mesg_id=2739345&page=#2739685
2739887, One of the reasons Donovan has been so prolific
Posted by allStah, Fri Jun-11-21 10:20 AM
since coming back from injury is he playing on fresh legs.

He missed most of the regular half of the season, so this is
like the beginning of the season for him. That dude is going
to be on max power for the entire playoffs.

Clippers went 7 games in the series against Dallas, and Kawhi looks
tired, and it’s going to take another huge effort from him to get the
clippers back into the series....
2739894, ...umm...he averaged 36ppg in last year's offs...with games of 57 & 51
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-11-21 11:16 AM
following your logic...Harden should be balling right now
2739900, That’s why I said ONE of the reasons.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jun-11-21 11:54 AM
and the PO last season was in a bubble, everybody was prolific.

I’m not taking away from his greatness. I’m just saying he even has
MORE bounce than others. Compared to most of the top players in the
POs, he has the fresher legs....even more than his own teammates. And
it’s going to give him an advantage as the POs roll on.

I’m pro Mitchell, always have been.

He is fully healthy.

Harden doesn’t apply, because his hamstring never truly healed...which
Is why he is out again....he isn’t healthy. Hamstring issue is a different
beast. If Harden was fully healthy, having fresh legs would be an advantage.
2739936, Hol’ up (c) How’s KD’s weed man all on the court
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jun-11-21 03:53 PM
Shoving Tucker...type of $hit is that?
2739937, agreed, should be addressed but it won't
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jun-11-21 04:01 PM
2739940, Shit is out of hand.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jun-11-21 04:38 PM
Fans running on the court, KDs bodyguard being allowed to escalate a situation?
2739941, indefensible. should be punished but probably won't
Posted by bearfield, Fri Jun-11-21 04:45 PM
i really like KD but sometimes he's on that goofy shit
2739944, He is on the Nets’ payroll.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jun-11-21 06:07 PM
So he is a staff member, no different than an assistant running in to defuse
a combative moment between two players
2739949, Yea, what time does Magic City open??
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jun-11-21 08:14 PM
2739950, Just a terrible third quarter by the Hawks
Posted by allStah, Fri Jun-11-21 08:56 PM
They missed easy shots and played lousy defense, and just like that
they are down by 20 points.

Danny Green injured his calf and he now has a walking boot on. It doesn’t look
good at all....
2739957, 76ers ramped up their defense, giving Trae no easy looks.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Jun-12-21 08:36 AM
76ers have been very locked in these past 6 quarters. They’ve been limiting the careless turnovers and spreading the ball around nicely on offense. As long as Embiid stays healthy and they get consistent play from Toni, Seth Curry, Simmons, and at least one guard (Korkmaz, Shake, Thybulle) they’ll be fine. Should probably win 4 straight, but I can see this going 6 games.
2739952, Phoenix vs Jazz is going to be fun.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jun-12-21 03:54 AM
And honestly both are such likable teams.
2739955, will Jokic get accused of "stat-padding"?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 08:07 AM
2739959, Hell no. He has no help is carrying that team.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 09:07 AM
Porter is playing injured.
Murrary is injured
Dozier is injured
And Barton just came back

He is playing with Campazzo and Austin Rivers as his backcourt.

He went 35-20-10 last night....He destroyed Ayton.
2739960, Aaron Gordon sucked too
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-12-21 09:43 AM
What was the point of even them signing McGee? another body to throw at AD?

Denver overachieved after they beat Portland without Murray

>Porter is playing injured.
>Murrary is injured
>Dozier is injured
>And Barton just came back
>
>He is playing with Campazzo and Austin Rivers as his
>backcourt.
>
>He went 35-20-10 last night....He destroyed Ayton.
2739964, absolutely not
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jun-12-21 10:44 AM
2739988, by you, yes
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jun-12-21 12:28 PM
because you're dumb.
2739963, This is random and definitely doesn’t deserve a new post…
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jun-12-21 10:35 AM
I was watching a YouTube video that was basically the last minute of every NBA Finals, since 1995.

Mario Elie

Forgot Orlando got swept

Teams were terrified of MJ with a live dribble…they constantly left good shooters wide open

MJ stealing the ball from Malone

Fuck was happening in the league that New Jersey was in the Finals, two years straight?

Man, I miss Kobe

Detroit beat the Lakers in 5?!

Sasha Vujacic

Eddie House shot a 3, with 30 seconds left and Boston up by 40, lol.

Boston was up by 40

Forgot Gary Payton won a title with the Heat.

Pop was always so gracious, win or lose.

Man, I miss Stuart Scott

Headband Bron, to no-headband Bron, back to Headband Bron

Wonder what happens if GS didn’t accept the switch and left Klay on Kyrie? They didn’t though and he put that 3 in Steph’s eye.

That Cavs team won 1 game in 2 Finals.

Steph had a shot, man…to send that thing to a Game 7. Board Man got paid.
2739965, i won 50 bucks off a friend forgetting GP was on that Heat team
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jun-12-21 10:47 AM
shit was hilarious. most of my friends know to never question me when i tell them something happened in nba history but dude swore i was wrong
2740000, lmao i forgot that shit too nm
Posted by vik, Sat Jun-12-21 03:05 PM
2740024, breh, they showed Wade taking free throws with like :17 left…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 06:46 AM
then flashed to the bench and Gary Payton and Zo were wilding. I had a legit, hearty laugh, with myself.
2739966, RE: This is random and definitely doesn’t deserve a new post…
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 11:03 AM

>Fuck was happening in the league that New Jersey was in the
>Finals, two years straight?

Jason Frederick Kidd, probably should've gotten an MVP one of those years...
2739991, He finished where he belonged, behind Timothy Theodore Duncan.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jun-12-21 12:58 PM
>>Fuck was happening in the league that New Jersey was in the
>>Finals, two years straight?
>
>Jason Frederick Kidd, probably should've gotten an MVP one of
>those years...
2739968, Knicks fans always forget the Nets have far more success than them
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-12-21 11:36 AM
and it's about to get worse.

>Fuck was happening in the league that New Jersey was in the
>Finals, two years straight?
>

Watching Kenyon dunk ferociously on EVERYONE was a thing of pure beauty.
2739967, most people here know I was the #1 LeBron hater up until July 1st, 2018...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 11:22 AM
when he signed with the Lakers.

But if he had half the stuff KD has going on off the court, fake twitter accounts, social media beefs with D-list celebs, the J-Will back and forth, bodyguards running in the court during games, folks would be losing their minds.

With KD its just "oh that's KD". His basketball skills are unquestioned and he's probably back to being the best player in the world right now but how is he not the biggest cornball ever?
2739989, What?
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 12:44 PM
KD gets shitted on like crazy and is hated.

If Lebron were to do things similar to KD, people wouldn’t bat an eye....dude breached COVID protocol, and the league acknowledged it , but refused to penalize him. “ Yes, Lebron did breach protocols, but he will not be penalized.” LOL

Lebron got on national TV and stated that whoever came up with
play-in games should be fired...KD would have been fried had he said
that.

You are bugging hardcore.

KD and Kyrie are constantly demonized, and the only thing that keeps
them from being canceled are their insane basketball skills.
2739996, RE: What?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 02:08 PM
So are you saying KD is not corny?
2739997, Oh, he is an Herb for sure.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 02:20 PM
But you put it as if he gets away with stuff that lebron wouldn’t be
able to get away with, when it is directly the opposite.

People gave KD shit for joining Steph to get rings, and some don’t think
he is a legit champion...

.Leborn has created all types of super teams , but he is still KIng James..
shit the media is saying that he needs to go out and get Bradley Beal and
Derozan now. Lol....Meanwhile, people hate the Nets for being a super team...lol

Lebron is basically untouchable. Something KD will never be.
2740004, RE: Oh, he is an Herb for sure.
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 04:35 PM

>shit the media is saying that he needs to go out and get
>Bradley Beal and
> Derozan now. Lol....Meanwhile, people hate the Nets for being
>a super team...lol

I'm down for Beal on the Lakers, I'm cool on Derozan
2740014, KD's bodyguard suspended...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 08:01 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durants-reported-personal-bodyguard-suspended-after-after-shoving-pj-tucker-220420329.html
2740015, Did you personally call the league’s front office?
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 08:17 PM
2740022, I got Silver on speed dial
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jun-12-21 10:28 PM
2740021, he is. I only casually watch the NBA and he sticks out in this way.
Posted by will_5198, Sat Jun-12-21 10:09 PM
>but how is he not the biggest cornball
>ever?
2740050, Kd been getting roasted since you da real mvp
Posted by Cenario, Sun Jun-13-21 11:46 AM
Where have you been bruh?
Lol
2740013, I like Jalen Rose and Jay Williams as well spoken, former players
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 07:23 PM
of the game, and they know the X and Os of the game, but the silly
cultural references they make are improper at times.

“ Kawhi got his braids down, so I know he is ready.”

It comes off as condescending and degrading in a way. It’s
scripted shucking and jiving.

Or all the Lemon Pepper Lou comments and references.

It’s tacky and classless. Dude is possibly the greatest sixth man of all time.

Shannon Sharpe is guilty of it too.
2740028, ok Sage.. lmao
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Jun-13-21 09:10 AM
https://youtu.be/jBzns-T4KyE
2740042, ^^^ will shuck and jive for the white man for a biscuit.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 09:49 AM
SMH

We already see you dissing Kamala Harris
2740017, Reggie Jackson need some help
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jun-12-21 08:25 PM
2740018, Niang out there bullshittin
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jun-12-21 09:40 PM
2740019, Donovan limped straight to the locker room…shit
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jun-12-21 09:48 PM
2740020, Them FSU boys!!!
Posted by allStah, Sat Jun-12-21 10:00 PM
Terrance Mann, Patrick Williams(Bulls)....FSU creates ballers who play both sides of
the ball.

T-Mann stay making veteran plays as a youngin.
2740054, Watching Giannis play gives me a headache....
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jun-13-21 03:20 PM
hes super likeable and his life story is amazing but god damn is he one dimensional....hes like Ben Simmons in a 7+ foot frame

James Harden was right about him
2740059, You should really stop posting about the NBA.
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-13-21 03:43 PM
>hes super likeable and his life story is amazing but god damn
>is he one dimensional....hes like Ben Simmons in a 7+ foot
>frame
>
>James Harden was right about him
2740067, "Wuz JoKur StAt paddING?? HMmm LEts DiscUSS" - you
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jun-13-21 04:44 PM
shut the fuck up

>>hes super likeable and his life story is amazing but god
>damn
>>is he one dimensional....hes like Ben Simmons in a 7+ foot
>>frame
>>
>>James Harden was right about him
>
2740072, Was Russ stat-padding?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-13-21 05:52 PM
2740074, yes.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Jun-13-21 05:57 PM
2740075, do you also think Ben Simmons is the same as Giannis or are you just...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-13-21 06:37 PM
being your usual troll self?
2740147, they look the same at the free throw line right now
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Jun-14-21 10:41 AM
>being your usual troll self?

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4666fd_8c821007bae64df8b5589eeafd62893f~mv2.gif

2740149, RE: they look the same at the free throw line right now
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 10:46 AM
>>being your usual troll self?
>
>https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4666fd_8c821007bae64df8b5589eeafd62893f~mv2.gif

lmao, that's good
2740073, LOL!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Jun-13-21 05:56 PM
2740124, 2nd line of argument "hurrr durr BuT iZ hE HOF boUNd?!?"
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jun-14-21 08:48 AM
>
2740118, Can't stand that dude anymore
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 07:54 AM
2740055, Kyrie out the rest of the game. Sigh.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-13-21 03:35 PM
2740057, Down goes Irving...
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jun-13-21 03:42 PM
2740058, Even before Kyrie went down, Bucks was getting in that arse
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 03:42 PM
PJ Tucker turned all the way up.

Bucks finally realizing that they are the bigger team, plus
hitting shots.

Bury these bums!

2740060, BKN looks out of sorts
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jun-13-21 03:53 PM
kyrie injury didn't help matters. KD isn't dialed in and it seems like he thinks he has to do everything. joe harris needs to do more besides hit folks in the head and miss open shots. several times during the regular season BKN came back from larger deficits against about equal teams so maybe they can put something together in the 4th
2740063, Joe Harris gonna help, or naw?
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 04:13 PM
2740070, if you're counting on Joe Harris its a wrap
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-13-21 04:57 PM
2740064, KD so pissed, he can barely focus, anymore
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 04:25 PM
2740065, He ain’t expect to have to scratch and claw for this ring
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-13-21 04:29 PM
2740068, Steve Nash has some answering to do.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 04:47 PM
Blake Griffin is the only player for the Nets who
can guard Giannis and was doing a solid job. Nash
never brought him back for the 4th quarter, and he barely
played the third.

He just stood there watching Giannis move Claxton
and Green around like paperweights.

2740069, Jrue Holiday was bullying Claxton lol...nm
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jun-13-21 04:48 PM
>Blake Griffin is the only player for the Nets who
>can guard Giannis and was doing a solid job. Nash
>never brought him back for the 4th quarter, and he barely
>played the third.
>
>He just stood there watching Giannis move Claxton
>and Green around like paperweights.
>
>
2740071, He sure was...just right in the paint.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 04:58 PM
2740076, Id love to see the offensive gurus nash and antoni draw some plays
Posted by Cenario, Sun Jun-13-21 07:01 PM
Like yeah, we need you to coach now bruh. Can we get someone an easy shot. Sheeesh
2740078, Yeah, yo…
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 07:09 PM
everything was KD twisting himself in knots, trying to get a shot off.
2740079, too late for that them boys played off vibes all year
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-13-21 07:13 PM
2740077, Lil Doc and hyper Argentinian.. sit yall asses down.
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 07:04 PM
2740080, Joker out there with bums ..except for Morris.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 07:27 PM
2740081, Barton needs some help!!!
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 08:30 PM
2740082, KD was in an unfamiliar, lonely place in that 2nd half
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jun-13-21 08:35 PM
When has he been in that situation before? He's always been surrounded by elite teammates (especially in playoff situations). Whether it was Russ, Harden, Ibaka in OKC or Splash brothers x Draymond in GS -- and now Harden/Kyrie/Griffin in NJ - I don't think he's ever looked around and felt that kind of individual pressure in a high leverage situation before. He looked like he wanted nothing to do with that 2nd half.

Hate to see Kyrie go down - especially with Harden already out. But if Kyrie & Harden can't go, it'll be interesting to see if KD can will out this series. He's at his best when he's an offensive assassin, volume scoring like a sniper to change the balance of power in a series. But this next game may require him to take on a role he's never really had to play before.

-->
2740087, they done in 6.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-13-21 08:48 PM
aint no way Kyrie gonna be back in good condition by Tuesday. he might play but his moves will tear his ankle up by the end of the first quarter

and they said Harden aint even working yet really.
2740103, Yeah, Kyrie's gotta take at *least* Game 5 off if he's in a boot.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-13-21 09:44 PM
2740101, Told you I was going to party off you again.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 09:41 PM
Look at your focking Nets now!
2740134, LOL you would party off a team being tragically injured
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jun-14-21 09:13 AM
That's the only way you don't get embarrassed.

-->
2740151, You partied off the Heat last year.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jun-14-21 11:11 AM

Keep popping those double standards.

2740152, TF are you talking about? Show where I “partied” off Miami injuries
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jun-14-21 11:30 AM
Never did and never would do that. That’s your lane.

But thanks for showing that you’re still mad and bitter off the Lakers and LeBron winning yet another ‘chip.

-->
2740106, Kenny just said Durant hasn't been in this situation since high school
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 10:05 PM
2740117, Had a decent 3rd quarter scoring-wise, but when he doesn't
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 07:45 AM
get calls his body language and effort takes a hit, which is a testament to his lack of leadership

He's been playing tough defense and had 10+ boards yesterday. He's doing more than scoring and I think that speaks to him being tougher than his critics give him credit for

yeah HUGE IF but if the Nets can win at home with just KD and role players, KD gets a huge bump in the books

2740083, Somebody gotta fuck Joker up for that
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 08:39 PM
2740084, For what?
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 08:46 PM
He barely hit his face. Bullshit call.

Should have been a flagrant one. A huge wind up,but he got all
ball and was going after the ball.

That was Jokic’s first flagrant foul in 3 years!

Nba is focking terrible... Nuggets were putting up a fight.
2740088, Look again
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 08:50 PM
2740085, I thought it was a flagrant 1 but an ejection is crazy.
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Jun-13-21 08:47 PM
You can't eject the MVP in an elimination game unless he's trying to start a fight or some shit. I'm rooting for the Suns in this series, but that's bullshit.
2740093, I agree
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jun-13-21 08:57 PM
2740094, Agreed
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 08:59 PM
>You can't eject the MVP in an elimination game unless he's
>trying to start a fight or some shit. I'm rooting for the Suns
>in this series, but that's bullshit.
2740095, ^^^
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Jun-13-21 09:04 PM
>You can't eject the MVP in an elimination game unless he's
>trying to start a fight or some shit. I'm rooting for the Suns
>in this series, but that's bullshit.
2740096, I also thought it should've been a flagrant 1
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jun-13-21 09:11 PM
Uncalled for ejection. I think the only reason they ejected him is because the Suns are the type of team to retaliate and muddy the game up with dirty play - but you can't eject a guy based on how the other team might react. Bad ejection.

-->
2740098, Especially since he's hitting the ball too.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-13-21 09:19 PM
Thought from the early description that Jokic straight punched him, lol. But clearly dude meant to just deliver a hard body hit while swiping at the ball.

Easily a flagrant... but if you're gonna flagrant 2 the MVP, he better be cold cocking a dude.
2740086, good luck w/ that. Jokic got that eastern bloc strength
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-13-21 08:47 PM
2740090, Lol. Yea.. Booker didn't want those problems. Jok gave him that look
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 08:53 PM
2740092, the way he was staring down Booker was kinda eerie lol
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jun-13-21 08:54 PM
He stared him down with a very cold "try me" glare that had Booker like "nah i'm good actually"

-->
2740097, Not a soul on Phoenix wants the Eastern Europe smoke, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-13-21 09:13 PM
2740111, They got that look on their face
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Jun-14-21 06:08 AM
All of em do

2740091, Enjoy that MVP, season over
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 08:54 PM
2740089, Pat Connaughton gets a bloody eye from a Joe Harris elbow
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jun-13-21 08:50 PM
...doing the Kobe swing though on a loose ball...
Which is actually a rule change and an automatic T
= no call

But they ejected the MVP for that...?

WTF
2740138, His back was turned and it was a forearm and it was not swung at all
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 09:36 AM
huge stretch
2740139, YouALie!
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 09:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_I89VejE0c
2740142, Nothing there
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 09:45 AM
He framed his arm keep the other team from crashing the boards, wasn't no targeted elbow thrown your man ran straight into an extended arm and clotheslined himself

If that's dirty let the league go back and give G-anus (terrible name but fuck him) a flagrant for going up under Kyrie like that
2740144, Oh, you mad...and don't know the rules...good day
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 09:55 AM
2740145, Only one of those instances were being talked about as a flagrant
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 09:58 AM
on broadcast

it wasn't Joe's arm

edit:
https://twitter.com/superteamharden/status/1404276379349360644?s=21

2740099, The CP3 haters are starting to sweat a bit.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jun-13-21 09:32 PM
2740100, Lol, man I do not enjoy watching Campazzo AT ALL
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jun-13-21 09:33 PM
2740102, Lmao.. hyper ass yo
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jun-13-21 09:43 PM
Gordon some shit too.
2740107, he's a pitbull Defensive Mid playing basketball lmao
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jun-13-21 10:07 PM
2740104, Ejecting the MVP on a flop…lol what a joke
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jun-13-21 09:48 PM
>..My bad for the delay.
>
>
>
>
2740108, mad as I am at the Lakers L, I'm happy for Chris Paul
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-13-21 10:20 PM
This is a hell of a run this late in his career.

Same for Booker getting to shine on a big stage for the first time.

They beat the champs and absolutely bodied the MVP en route tonhis first CF.

Of the remaining Western teams, I want to see Phoenix get that Finals berth the most.
2740109, Shut Up
Posted by allStah, Sun Jun-13-21 10:36 PM
2740110, If you're the Nuggets , how much time do you give Mike Malone?
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jun-14-21 01:14 AM
especially with D'Antoni campaigning for a HC gig again...

one more run with a healthy Jamal Murray and Barton?

before Murray tore his ACL, there was an ESPN insider bit saying how they should shop Murray and Porter Jr to Washington for Bradley Beal and some picks, since it was unsure if Murray's playoff performance was just an isolated bubble show that he put on or whether hes legit...

but that's moot now since his injury.

>..My bad for the delay.
>
>
>
>
2740112, 2 more years... the end of his contract
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 06:34 AM
MPJ is happening
Needs another year

Murray will need a year to play in to shape

Joker’s gonna be interesting...it’s different when you’re the hunted.

They advanced, w/o their 2nd best player

I wouldn’t fire the coach based on this season

Especially if ‘ is the best name you can come up with

...2 more years...
2740113, Did he call his team quitters and soft last night?
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jun-14-21 07:27 AM
2740130, According to reports...Javale McGee did...
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 09:03 AM
2740126, Do the Nets actually prove that "load management" can be dangerous?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Jun-14-21 08:51 AM
just a thought...

In the case of Harden, a hamstring injury could be more attributable to prep and recovery habits. Though I'll admit Kyrie's ankle was a freak thing that happens in hoops all the time.

But I can't help but wonder if the risk-averse regular season approach could actually make the body less durable? KD was coming off an extreme injury, monitoring his minutes and being super conservative is the right approach. But the other two...

I could be persuaded either way, haven't made my mind up on this yet, but I think there could be something to it. The wild card NFL team that wins the Super Bowl comes to mind, we've seen it many times where even having that bye week can do more harm than good.
2740131, it is what it is, after playing 7 regular season games together folks...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 09:03 AM
their going to magically form into Voltron in the playoffs was unrealistic.

>But I can't help but wonder if the risk-averse regular season
>approach could actually make the body less durable? KD was
>coming off an extreme injury, monitoring his minutes and being
>super conservative is the right approach. But the other
>two...

KD's played 40+ these last 2 games and will probably be in that area again for game 5
2740132, you kinda answered your own question by qualifying two out of three
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Jun-14-21 09:07 AM
Kyrie was a freak incident

Has nothing to do with 'he's made of glass' bullshit criticism his haters will say

Durant absolutely should have be load managed coming back from a season off, but he's looking OK now (crossing fingers)

Harden has a history of not missing many games, and for the majority of the time he was the workhorse for Brooklyn, night after night

He did NOT load manage and ended up injuring and aggravating, then re-aggravating an injury that could very well have benefited from more time off when he initially felt 'tightness', but instead played through it until it became a tear

So the answer is pretty obviously no

The question is does 'load management' lead to lack of cohesion down the stretch?

If you have inconsistent starting personnel you may know more of what the bench has to offer but you also have limited time on the court with the main core

2740136, Spot on about cohesion
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Jun-14-21 09:19 AM
I was thinking more about health, but chemistry and feel have to be negatively impacted by inconsistent regular season lineups
2740133, Can't wait for BKN and LAC to be eliminated
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 09:10 AM
who gives a fok?

Let's get to the basketball part

Injuries been a concern for BKN since they signed Kyrie AND KD

It was always there...people forced this narrative about a superteam...and ignored the literal achilles heel

They worked Harden like a dawg to try and get the 1 seed

...now he's got a hammy...at +30Y.O....after leading the team in MPG

How any of this relates to less load management is beyond me

I believe you are over thinking it

Old people get hurt.

Nash deserves all of the criticism for the Harden situation

He should have conceded the 1 seed...and been resting his guys for the offs

He pushed...they broke.
2740143, nah Harden was due for the injury bug imo
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-14-21 09:47 AM
he's been insanely durable for the load he's carried in his career
add to that him coming in out of shape to force a trade. its not totally surprising.

and Kyrie is just a common hoops injury
2740135, @ThaTruth: Bruh, why you upping years old posts...?
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 09:15 AM
Basa don't even post here anymore
You upping posts about guys out the league
That desperate for attention?
Who hurt you?
You okay?
2740141, Lol his bookmarks folder must be a mile long
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Jun-14-21 09:44 AM
It’s such a weird thing to constantly do, especially on a board that’s on life support. The majority of the people in those old posts are long gone.
2740146, RE: @ThaTruth: Bruh, why you upping years old posts...?
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 10:04 AM
>Basa don't even post here anymore
>You upping posts about guys out the league
>That desperate for attention?
>Who hurt you?
>You okay?

That's the point, a lot of self-anointed drafted experts hype these dudes up.

And people that don't post doesn't mean they don't read.

I'm just having fun at people's expense.
2740155, i feel like upping posts is 50% of this board activity
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jun-14-21 12:33 PM
either I TOLD YOU SO or YOU WERE WRONG LUL. somewhat unsurprising given the turnover but still pretty weird and petty
2740160, The boards are so slow now, you can do that in the game posts
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 01:19 PM
We don’t even have game posts really

This thread is for the nba offs

Posters would see the...told you so reply

Upping posts made by posters who don’t post here anymore...is something else.
2740164, yeah it is crazy that we have weekly NBA posts, hopefully we can have...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 01:29 PM
series posts when we get to the conference finals
2740162, It's especially weird when it's draft revisionism...
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-14-21 01:23 PM
... being upped by someone who has said over the years that he watches very limited college basketball.

Like, I don't think it's a surprise he said "Nope" to Thomas Robinson in that 2012 Justivity post and nearly all of the people on the board who consistently watch a ton of college basketball were in on him.

Now he gets to dunk on people because he stated a one-word opinion based on, who knows, 1-2 tournament games, and the people who watched Robinson play double digit games of basketball over multiple seasons were "proven wrong" because what was at the time a very safe pick didn't work out. Broken clocks, etc.

But hey, that's his right. And no one else has his energy to look through his various opinions over the years and up those, so in that sense, he's gonna win this battle between him and no one in particular.
2740169, that's the thing I don't watch a lot of regular seasons college basketball...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 02:03 PM
these days but I've been watching basketball for 35+ years so I feel like I know the game pretty well. I've said before I don't feel like I need to watch 100+ current regular season games to have a opinion on a player.

As far as Thomas Robinson dude was an obvious tweener with a limited skillset. I don't know why people were so high on him. "the speed of Kobe and a body like LeBron's" shit and the "20 & 10" predictions were comical to me.

It seems like "tweener" guys are the biggest busts. Outside of Julius Randle I can't think of many that panned out and he took a minute.
2740157, For even more comedy
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jun-14-21 12:35 PM
check out what TheTruth had to say about me upping a post about the Mavs/Knicks Porzingis trade: https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2686068&mesg_id=2686068&page=2#2739547

2740158, lol right, *ThaTruth* told you to stop upping old posts.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-14-21 01:03 PM
One of the funniest replies in memory.
2740161, there's a technique and art to it that some people miss
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 01:23 PM
2740163, You have a distinctive style that's easy to spot, I'll give you that.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jun-14-21 01:24 PM
We don't need to see the signature to know the artist.
2740167, LOL
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jun-14-21 02:00 PM
2740153, Luka Snapped at Mavs Exec, Team Concerned over Star's Future...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jun-14-21 11:47 AM
Luka Doncic Snapped at Mavs Exec, Team Concerned over Star's Future in DAL

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10005662-report-luka-doncic-snapped-at-mavs-exec-team-concerned-over-stars-future-in-dal
2740165, Luka mad at the weirdo that Cuban hired ...TheAthletic swipe)
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jun-14-21 01:37 PM
degenerate gambler AND a nerd ass analytics guy?

I hate watching games with both these types of people, or even being around them to be honest.

https://theathletic.com/2649806/?source=twitterhq#

Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM is causing a rift with Luka Doncic

Tim Cato and Sam Amick 3h ago 228
In early February, during the second quarter of a home game against the Golden State Warriors, Luka Doncic carelessly turned over the ball and received feedback from a Dallas Mavericks employee he didn’t care for: Haralabos Voulgaris, a well-known sports gambler hired by team owner Mark Cuban in 2018.

Voulgaris, sitting with an open laptop in his typical courtside seat across from the Mavericks’ bench, motioned downward with his hands, which Doncic specifically interpreted as Voulgaris telling him to calm down, multiple team and league sources tell The Athletic. Doncic snapped back, telling Voulgaris, according to one source’s recollection, “Don’t fucking tell me to calm down.” The same sources say Voulgaris later professed that his motion wasn’t solely directed at Doncic, but regardless of intent, it only worsened an already inflamed relationship between the two.

Doncic, multiple league sources say, intends to sign the supermax extension — which he will be eligible for once named to this season’s All-NBA team — with Dallas, worth more than $200 million over five seasons after his rookie contract expires next summer. “I think you know the answer,” he said, smiling, when asked whether he would at last week’s exit interview. But a high-level power broker within the league says the Mavericks recognize that there’s urgency to build a contending team around Doncic after losing in the first round in each of the past two seasons. The clock is ticking.

Internally, there are concerns the front office’s dysfunction has hurt its ability to do so — and that poor relationships Doncic has with key members of the franchise, including Voulgaris, could impact his current desire to remain in Dallas long-term. The team’s most recent postseason defeat against the LA Clippers served as a direct indictment on the roster constructed around him. Can Mavericks management remedy that in time? Or, as some team sources fear, will they pay the price for the dysfunctional dynamics that exist in some corners of the organization?

Dallas announced Voulgaris’ hiring in the fall of 2018 with a title — director of quantitative research and development — that vastly understated his actual role. Multiple league and team sources tell The Athletic that Voulgaris has been the most influential voice within the Mavericks front office since joining the team, either initiating or approving virtually every transaction made over the past two seasons. Those same sources add that Voulgaris has frequently gone as far as scripting the starting lineups and rotations for longtime head coach Rick Carlisle.

That influence has spanned Doncic’s three seasons in Dallas. While he had been drafted prior to Voulgaris’ arrival — Donnie Nelson, the team’s longtime president of basketball operations, was the driving force behind trading up to acquire the Slovenian wunderkind, a process he described in detail to The Athletic last year — Cuban had sought out Voulgaris’ basketball advice in the years before putting him on the team’s payroll. As one team source says, “Mark Cuban is the most powerful person in the organization, but whoever he’s listening to is second.” Cuban was won over by Voulgaris’ vision: an analytics-driven spread pick-and-roll offense with Doncic as the focal point which he has tried implementing in the past seasons.

It’s unclear when the Cuban and Voulgaris relationship began, but their coming together is perhaps unsurprising given Cuban’s origin as a self-made tech billionaire whose first major purchase was the Mavericks. Voulgaris has never been shy about his desire to run a team. In an ESPN feature from 2013, Voulgaris is quoted as saying, “The whole process (of becoming a highly successful gambler) has led me to believe that I’d be able to put together a better team than almost any general manager in the league. If not maybe all.”

The way Voulgaris tells it — the ESPN feature is the only notable reporting ever focused on him, and he declined an interview request from The Athletic shortly after being hired — he began gambling on the NBA in the late 1990s and had made millions by the early 2000s. His success, he says, came in part from an instinctual reading of certain coaches. It finally failed him during the 2003-04 season, causing him to lose much of his gambling wealth and step away temporarily, only returning once he’d developed an analytics model that brought back his old edge. He says he did exactly that, his new model beating the odds at a rate higher than five percent. In 2009, he gave up gambling again to consult for an unnamed NBA franchise. The advisory role lasted one season; he returned to his previous life afterward and began publicly promoting himself. In the coming years, he became a well-known presence in the basketball world.

Voulgaris spent a limited amount of time around the Mavericks during his first season of employment, attending about one-quarter of the team’s games. He attended fewer games the following season, but his imprint on the team’s roster grew substantially that offseason. It was Voulgaris who initiated the team’s acquisitions of Seth Curry and Delon Wright, with multiple sources telling The Athletic that Voulgaris believed Wright should start next to Doncic. “He was the only person that believed that,” one team source says. Wright did start the season opener before being moved to a full-time bench role the following game, barely playing in the team’s first-round defeat in the 2020 postseason. He was traded that offseason.

Because Voulgaris’ influence was greater than his official role, those within the front office — and executives around the league who interacted with them — were often confused about who actually held power. “We had two general managers,” a team source says. Nelson remained the team’s president of basketball operations, a role he has held since 2005, and other executives and agents continued largely communicating with him or Cuban regarding personnel matters. Nelson continued to spearhead major moves, including trades for Kristaps Porzingis and Tim Hardaway Jr. in 2019, Josh Richardson in 2020 and J.J. Redick in 2021. But team sources say Voulgaris was supportive of the transactions — or explicitly approved them.

Multiple league and team sources point to the 2020 draft as a particularly egregious example of Voulgaris’ power, an evening one source described as “embarrassing.” Most members of the scouting department joined the team’s war room remotely through Zoom and were surprised when Voulgaris, attending in person, didn’t consult them for either of the team’s first two selections (Josh Green and Tyrell Terry) despite disagreements they held with at least one of the players he picked.

“What did (he) sell to Mark to make him believe (he) can do this?” asks one source with an intimate knowledge of the situation. “Nobody knows.”

It marked another throughline of Voulgaris’ tenure with the Mavericks: that his personality and decision making has steadily irritated and exasperated the team’s front office employees and players over the course of the three seasons he’s been employed. “He doesn’t know how to talk to people,” that same source says.

That’s best exemplified by Dallas’ franchise player disliking him. Doncic’s strained relationship with Voulgaris predated their incident in February, multiple sources say. It wasn’t the only incident, either. This season, Voulgaris attended his first game in mid January, frequently appearing courtside at home and also traveling with them on the road in the months that followed. In mid-April, during the final minute of a home defeat to the New York Knicks, Voulgaris was seen on the game’s broadcast footage standing up and leaving with about 45 seconds remaining. While the Mavericks were trailing by 10 points at the time, they cut the deficit to six and extended the game seven more possessions before eventually losing.

Doncic noticed Voulgaris’ early departure. In the locker room after the game, multiple league and team sources say he told teammates he viewed Voulgaris leaving before the game’s conclusion as him quitting on them. Voulgaris would not attend another game the rest of the year.

Multiple team sources confirm Voulgaris remained involved in the team’s gameplans and in-game adjustments in a remote role. But Voulgaris, who earlier this season appeared likelier than not to wrest further control over the front office and perhaps even drive out Nelson entirely, now heads into a summer with his contract set to expire and uncertainty surrounding his future.

When reached for comment on Monday, Cuban defended Voulgaris’ involvement. “I really like what Bob brings to the table. He does a great job of supporting Rick and the front office with unique data insights.”

Cuban added: “Bob has a great grasp of AI and the opportunities it creates for gaining an advantage. Which is important to me. But he isn’t any more influential than any other data source on the team.”

Voulgaris declined to comment for this story when reached on Sunday.

Doncic’s relationship with his head coach, Rick Carlisle, has been publicly scrutinized since joining his team. It’s expected Carlisle will return next season, multiple league sources say, something Cuban publicly voiced support for last week shortly after the first round defeat.

“Let me tell you how I look at coaching,” he told ESPN. “You don’t make a change to make a change. Unless you have someone that you know is much, much, much better, the grass is rarely greener on the other side.”

Multiple sources were surprised to see Cuban’s prompt backing of Carlisle, however, even though Cuban’s support for Carlisle has hardly wavered over the past decade. During the season, it was believed Carlisle’s future could be reconsidered following the season, partly due to a belief Doncic had tuned him out.

“It was very much up in the air,” one source with intimate knowledge of the situation said.

Sources say some players have been frustrated with Carlisle after they lost playing time despite doing exactly what they felt he had asked of them, and for stiff rotation patterns, the latter of which they viewed — correctly, team sources confirm — as being dictated directly to him by Voulgaris. Early on, Doncic also disliked Carlisle’s timeouts and frequent calling of plays.

But Carlisle, who’s “adaptable as a motherfucker,” as one league source put it, began to modify his coaching style as a way of relieving some of the pressure from this sensitive situation. Beyond Carlisle’s obvious coaching acumen, he has always been able and willing to, in essence, read the room when it came to which personal battles he could win and which ones he couldn’t. This was no different.

Doncic’s greatness, so evident so early on, clearly compelled Carlisle to consider the changing hoops politics at hand. Since being hired in May of 2008, Carlisle has had his fair share of friction with key players, in large part because of his well-known tendency to be controlling. But Rajon Rondo, this was not.

In truth, it was far closer to the difficult dynamic that he’d successfully navigated with then-point guard Jason Kidd en route to winning the franchise’s first and only title in 2011. It took an intervention of sorts to get through that friction back then, when then-Mavericks assistant coaches Tim Grgurich, Dwane Casey and Terry Stotts stepped in to tell Carlisle that he needed to loosen the reins on Kidd. In the end, of course, it was a wise and necessary move.

The championship took Carlisle’s credibility to another level in those coming years. He was, with good reason, virtually untouchable when it came to the job insecurities that most coaches face. Such is life when you reach the NBA’s mountaintop for a franchise that has never been there before.

But as Doncic started to look more and more like a modern-day Dirk Nowitzki these past three seasons — the kind of once-in-a-generation player who the Mavericks could build around for the next two decades — the landscape that surrounded Carlisle began to change. And Carlisle, quite clearly, decided to change along with it.

“You can’t win against the next Nowitzki,” one source said.

Doncic has a healthy relationship with the Mavericks organization at large. League sources say he angled to be drafted by the team in 2018, and he has been particularly complimentary of his relationship with Nowitzki, whose final season coincided with Doncic’s first. Those feelings could change if the team’s postseason struggles continue, as the Mavericks haven’t advanced past the first round since their 2011 championship run. It’s not that Doncic’s situation with the team is at a critical inflection point right now. Multiple team sources simply fear that it’s heading that direction.

Those concerns mostly center on Cuban and the decisions he makes regarding who he trusts and imbues with power. Sometimes, it’s examples like Voulgaris, a sports gambler with no league experience being given near total control of the team’s roster. Other times, it’s the relationships he doesn’t sever: The Mavericks’ front office has come to be known around the league for its long-existing power structure that, Voulgaris aside, has barely changed.

Doncic has provided the Mavericks a chance to return to prominence. He’s a generational star the team was fortunate to draft, seamlessly taking the mantle from the franchise player before him. But after beginning another offseason sooner than hoped for, the focus falls upon the organization around him: on how the dynamic that existed over the past seasons was allowed to operate in such a haphazard manner, and whether it can be fixed before it’s too late.

(Images: Getty Images – Illustration: Wes McCabe/The Athletic)
2740168, $200M = non-story...but I’m sure it will get run
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jun-14-21 02:00 PM
Can’t have the future of the NBA irrelevant...even for a minute

SMH