Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBold call
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739224&mesg_id=2741595
2741595, Bold call
Posted by Walleye, Sun Jun-27-21 02:02 PM
>Rai Benjamin looks like he's primed to do something
>ridiculous. He was coasting the first 200m and turned in the
>second fastest run of all time.

the 400m hurdle rivalry with Benjamin, Warholm, and Samba has really elevated the event over the last couple years. Really seemed ready to pop in 2020 proper. Samba's been mostly MIA, but now this Brazilian fellow, Alison dos Santos, has been turning in sub-48 times as well. That's gonna be a crazy event in Tokyo.

>Holloway too. 0.01 of the WR in the semis and he looks like
>he's got probably another 0.10 in him.

Funny thing, I don't think it was until his last year at Florida that it was totally clear that the 110s were his best event. Love watching him race.

>Noah Lyles was looking pissed that Knighton is doing what he's
>doing. 19.88, beating Bolt's world junior record in the
>semis....c'mon. Hopefully he has enough in the tank to get a
>spot on the team today.

I hope so too. He went pro last summer after popping some amazing times in AAU track, so the "it's been a long season" dynamic I try (mostly unsuccessfully) to apply to NCAA and HS kids at the trials may not be in play here. Hasn't really raced a ton, and mostly on a pro's schedule this summer. He's cleaned up his start and his stride a lot since last summer but he still looks really raw. I'm incredibly excited to see what he's capable of.

>And ****upset alert**** I don't think Noah Lyles makes the
>team. NBC is going to have to shoot some new human interest
>stories

I ... agree with the reasoning but don't have the spine to make this call. I like Lyles a lot, so I sort of hope you're wrong. But I can definitely see it.