Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI basically had every one of these thoughts lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2739188&mesg_id=2744764
2744764, I basically had every one of these thoughts lol
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Aug-05-21 05:29 PM
>Second reaction: Westbrook and a bunch of shooters is way,
>way better than Dennis.
>
>Third reaction: WTF is happening? Why is he getting no
>attention?
>
>Forth: Something's up, we got a deal brewing out there
>somewhere and we/he are waiting on X shoe to drop.

As soon as Westbrook came on board -- the whole gameplan shifted for the Lakers. I think one of the reasons Dennis held out for more money is because he (and probably his team) felt that the Lakers had to pay it because they really needed a competent starting PG on this squad, and the market looked relatively bare for top-level PGs.

But you never know how these wild west free agency periods play out these days. Once the Russ deal happened - Dennis all of a sudden looked expendable - especially when you get tremendous value with Nunn at the tax-payer MLE.

>I want to hear the story of his free agency, because if he's
>been holding out for that 25 mil bag, yeah, this is on him.
>There's a line between believing in your worth, and accepting
>the demonstrable reality.
>
>If he's trying to get paid like an all star instead of a
>quality starter, he needs to cross that line into reality, and
>he has only himself to blame.

100%. He'll land somewhere, but it will be for but a fraction of what he would've got with that $84 million deal. He'll have to play himself into a bigger contract, yet again.

I think a lot of players will look at this whole situation as instructive when it comes to being so quick to not take that kind of money and walk away from the table; instead opting to gamble big in an uncertain FA market.

-->