Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJosh Taylor vs Jose Ramirez -Undisputed- 5/22 | ESPN+
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2737623&mesg_id=2737623
2737623, Josh Taylor vs Jose Ramirez -Undisputed- 5/22 | ESPN+
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri May-21-21 04:03 PM
This is for all the marbles at 140 (Super Lightweight)

It'll be quite an accomplishment for whoever wins this one.

Most people are picking Josh Taylor to win, which stands to reason since he's fought the tougher competition between the two. That competition includes wins over Ivan Baranchyk, Viktor Postol and a "win" over Regis Prograis. I put win in quotes, because the fight could've gone either way. I think it went to Taylor because it happened in the UK, and the judges there would favor him. Even still, Taylor barely won by majority decision.

Ramirez' toughest fights were both won by majority decision (Postol & Zepeda), yet there was one fight that was supposed to be tough for him, and he stopped the guy pretty brutally (Maurice Hooker).

Their common opponent is Viktor Postol. Ramirez won by MD and Taylor won by UD. Both fights were tough. The UD win doesn't tell the story of the fight. Personally I think the scoring there was garbage. Again, a Taylor fight in the UK. This fight will be held in Las Vegas, so Taylor won't have the home turf juding on his side.

No matter how this fight plays out, I won't be shocked. It's really up in the air how it could go. I kinda wanna lean toward Taylor, but I feel like I haven't seen the best of Jose Ramirez, yet I do feel like I saw Taylor pushed to his limits against Prograis.
Ramirez tends not to use his jab as much as he should while Taylor is good about using his. They both get hit, and they both are pretty good at exchanging inside, tho I'd give Ramirez a very slight advantage there with Taylor being better and waiting for the right single shot. Not matter how it plays out, it's gonna be a good one.

DON'T MISS IT.

Who you got?