Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectUTA in particular is too reliant on the 3 + gobert is a liability
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2736376&mesg_id=2736545
2736545, UTA in particular is too reliant on the 3 + gobert is a liability
Posted by bearfield, Tue May-04-21 07:30 PM
we all know what happens when 3s aren't hitting. if they're not hitting 3s in the wrong game then UTA is likely outmatched. gobert gets picked on in switches in the post season. jokic has his number as well. not sure about the gobert vs AD matchup but i would think that AD cooks him in the mid-range

PHX is young, unproven, and un-tested. folks are right to doubt them. bridges and johnson can hit corner 3s at a high clip in low-stakes regular season games. unsure if they'll perform in the same way when the season is on the line. book, CP3, and crowder seem solid enough but i think PHX will need more than them to get past tougher opponents in the playoffs

DEN has the best chance of the 3 teams in question. they're playoff-proven and undeniably gutsy. jokic is about as clutch as a player can be. however without murray teams will focus on jokic and MPJ and force DEN's streaky and unreliable shooters to beat them. i like the other team's chances when barton, morris, campazzo, etc are deciding the fate of the game