Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is where I'm at
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2736106&mesg_id=2737322
2737322, This is where I'm at
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue May-18-21 01:27 AM
DEN had every excuse to fall back and they remained steady throughout, mostly because Jokic's play didn't fall off.

Based on his stats, Jokic is the best candidate but his game is so unsexy. I was watching a highlights video package on him on YouTube.

The narrator would praise his playmaking ability despite having a Time of Possession rating much lower than players with his assists numbers.

He made a lot of nice passes, but to be honest the video was kind of boring relative to watching Steph or Dame rain threes from underneath their own basket. Or viewing Embiid clown fools in the post.

According to the advanced numbers he's having one of the best offensive seasons in league HISTORY. But I can't say that he has a series of games like Steph did last month or even the narrative of Embiid finally breaking through and realizing his potential.

He's just not an MVP in the sense of physical or athletic dominance like we've seen, maybe ever.