Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2021 NBA Regular Season (4/11 - 4/17)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735283
2735283, 2021 NBA Regular Season (4/11 - 4/17)
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Apr-11-21 10:59 AM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2735295, Wiseman out w/ a "meniscus injury" per Woj. didnt specify
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Apr-11-21 01:54 PM
2735297, Sucks for the rook
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Apr-11-21 03:00 PM
But 2 lottery picks incoming to that squad. They’ll be ok.
2735323, I liked how the guy was developing, but they gotta play it safe
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Apr-11-21 10:10 PM
Everyone on the team apparently loves him, and he's still got a shit-ton of potential.

>But 2 lottery picks incoming to that squad. They’ll be ok.

Wolves are likely going to finish the season shitty enough that the Warriors might not get the pick. Fortunately, they'll probably be bad next year season, when the pick will be unprotected.
2735296, man Bridges put Capela in a casket
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Apr-11-21 02:08 PM
https://twitter.com/BiasedSlightly/status/1381323116048171011
2735302, Dunks don't do much for me anymore, but Bridges' was fire
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Apr-11-21 07:04 PM
*to me* it's better than the Edwards one from last? month.
2735333, What makes it so nasty is that brief moment...
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Apr-12-21 06:45 AM
where you can see that Capela has done all he can...and Bridges still has more to do. Kinda reminds me of my all time favorite, in game dunk...when Vince dunked Zo into middle Earth.
https://youtu.be/P7EvwWBnBHM
2735390, Nothing will ever top Vince climbing the stairs on Zo
Posted by Castro, Mon Apr-12-21 09:25 PM
2735339, but did y'all see Capela block Zion?
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Apr-12-21 08:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ux3HaKgZE
2735348, Its something about it that makes it slightly overrated.
Posted by allStah, Mon Apr-12-21 10:29 AM
I think it’s the way Capela stands up to it. He got dunked on,
but he stood straight up, never went down to the ground,
and immediately got back on offense.

It’s like a boxer getting rocked by a huge punch, but takes
it on the chin and continues on. I’m more impressed with how
Capela stood up to it.

Edwards’ dunk sent the player down to the ground like a burial.

2735392, its the announcers.
Posted by Castro, Mon Apr-12-21 09:35 PM
We've seen this dunk before, but the announcers have to sell it.

They just screamed loud af. Gotta hang a phrase on it to frame the moment.
2735322, Lavine and white have to go.
Posted by allStah, Sun Apr-11-21 10:08 PM
Evident again tonight. Couldn’t guard anyone or anything.

Russell, Rubio, McLaughlin dribbled circles around them.,
And Billy is getting pissed.

He talked about it in his post game interview. They lack of his backcourt
being able to guard multiple ball handlers.

Lavine choked at the line, and again the stupid turnovers. We saw it
in the game where he scored 50, but got lit up and the Hawks won.

We need a new backcourt and Billy knows it. People like Lavine because
he can score and is entertaining, but that doesn’t win games.

No way should the FO offer him a new deal.

2735381, AK didn't bring in Nikola Vucevic to not pay LaVine.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Mon Apr-12-21 06:05 PM
While he said he's not done with this roster, this move was him pushing all his chips in on LaVine.
I mean, ha he gave up 2 1st round picks!

I am firmly in the "Pay LaVine" camp.
He's one of the best scorers in the league, and he's greatly improved his playmaking.
But I've discussed my thoughts with you on why LaVine is a unique player that
the Bulls need to hold on to. We disagree there.

The loss to the Wolves only confirmed something that came to light against the Hawks:
This team is more incomplete than I thought.
When the trade happened, I thought the Bulls would be able to win *A* round in the playoffs.
But the Hawks showed me that the rest of the team can't step up
in moments where LaVine gets doubled. They're just not consistent enough.
I mean, LaVine scored 39 points in the first half, and the rest of the team can't step up in the 2nd?
Lauri, White are both being outplayed by new guys. So yeah.

I don't think I even need to ROOT for a tank because this team just isn't better than NY, CHA or BOS.
As constructed, I don't think we'll get in...ha.
Hopefully we get REAL lucky and get a top 4 pick.
That would be a great asset in whatever plan AKME has for the offseason.
Whether that's drafting Cunningham or Suggs, or pairing the pick with White, Markannan to bring in some sort of veteran PG (I'm honestly not sure who is available).

Since they couldn't pry Lonzo Ball from the Pelicans, they may just try to sign him outright.
But that means neither Satoransky or Young will be back.
I'm still in on Coby White. He's young and I think he's worth developing under this coaching staff..
I want to see him play his best ball in Chicago.

The player who needs to go is Markkanen. His days here are done.
Both Vucevic, Theis and Brown are out playing him.
2735383, Lavine is this eras version of Reggie Theus.
Posted by allStah, Mon Apr-12-21 07:34 PM
Reggie was a high scoring guard for the bulls who couldn’t guard
a flagpole, so they traded him and drafted Jordan the following year.
We should do the same thing with Lavine, considering how deep the
draft is going to be with elite 2-way guards...Ayo,Suggs,Mitchell,Cunningham,etc.

Look at it from Billy’s perspective, you go from coaching the best defensive
backcourt last year in Dort, Paul, Shai, and Dennis to coaching Lavine,White
and Sato. That’s a huge drop off.

And like you said, he is one of the best offensive players in the league, but that’s
all that he is. If this were 10-20 years ago, you would have a point.
However, in this era scoring, scoring isn’t hard to do, because of the open play of
the league. It is 2 way defensive players that are hard to find, and that is
something that Lavine is physically and mentally unable to do.

He is very thin, so he gets outmuscled in the post and around the perimeter, and he
simply doesn’t know how to get in a defensive stance, and he hasn’t shown any
interest in playing defense. Coby White is the same.

I told you guys that Theis was the only one that I liked in the bulls’ most recent
trade, because of his 2-way ability. I also said that Vucevic was the big man version
of Lavine, because he doesn’t play defense. We are worse defensively than what we were with Carter and Porter. And that forces Young and Williams to work even harder
on defense, which takes away from their offensive ability. That’s why there isn’t any
offensive contribution from other players. They are too busy covering Lavine and
Vucevic on defense....

This is why Lavine has to go, and why Vucevic was a terrible pick-up.
Those two players cannot be the foundation of this team. They are not Billy
Donovan type players, and it’s only going to get worse.

2735371, Minnesota suspends all professional sports in wake of Daunte Wright shooting...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Apr-12-21 03:12 PM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31244094/minnesota-twins-game-boston-red-sox-postponed-wake-police-shooting-daunte-wright

Minnesota Twins, Timberwolves, Wild postpone games in wake of police shooting of Daunte Wright

The Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Wild all postponed games on Monday following the police shooting of Daunte Wright on Sunday night.

"Out of respect for the tragic events that occurred yesterday in Brooklyn Center, and following the additional details in this evolving situation, the Minnesota Twins have decided it is in the best interest of our fans, staff, players and community to not play today's game" the Twins said in a statement.

The Twins were slated to play the Boston Red Sox. The Timberwolves were scheduled to play the Brooklyn Nets. The Wild was set to play the St. Louis Blues.

The decision to postpone the game was made by the Twins after consulting Major League Baseball, in addition to local and state officials.

Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, died Sunday after a police officer shot him in the suburb of Brooklyn Center during a traffic stop. The Brooklyn Center police chief said the shooting was accidental, as the officer involved intended to fire a stun gun and not a handgun during a struggle with Wright. Police were trying to arrest him on an outstanding warrant.

Tensions were already high in the city due to the ongoing trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged with the murder of George Floyd.

Protests related to Wright's shooting are planned in the area of downtown Minneapolis, where Target Field, home of the Twins, is located. Prior to the announcement of postponement, both teams had taken the field to warm up, with the national anthem already played.

NHL officials said the Blues-Wild game would be rescheduled for May 12.

"The decision was made out of respect for the community, following the tragic shooting that occurred in Brooklyn Center, Minn., Sunday afternoon," the league said in a statement. "The National Hockey League extends its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Daunte Wright."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

2735387, Where’s lakers nation?
Posted by allStah, Mon Apr-12-21 09:07 PM
Nowhere to be found on this night where the Knicks abused your squad.
Randle treated Drummond like a doormat.

I guess I will see y’all on yall’s next fluke win.

Seems like y’all are going to have to put more ads in the
paper...Drummond was too small.

Hahahha!

2735393, Don't mind Julius, he's just leading his team back into the playoffs
Posted by Castro, Mon Apr-12-21 09:37 PM
2735394, It’s does not matter. Gasol or Drummond in the middle.
Posted by allStah, Mon Apr-12-21 09:43 PM
equal trash can in the post.

Juju ain’t them dudes
2735406, Still celebrating a title from 6 months ago.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Apr-13-21 09:06 AM
2735398, Man, that Murray injury looked awful.
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Apr-13-21 12:13 AM
Non-contact. He was writhing and yelling in agony under the basket for what seemed like forever. Hope he’s okay, but I’m fearing I the worst.
2735399, He should not have been out there.
Posted by allStah, Tue Apr-13-21 12:28 AM
He should have been on a minutes restriction. He was still nursing a sore knee,
and had been out for 4 games prior to tonight.

I was shocked to see him back out there late in the 4th quarter, and the warriors were
up by double digits. The game was pretty much over.

If he is done for the season, the coach has to take the blame for it.

This is why I don’t criticize teams for load management.
2735411, officially torn. He shouldn’t have been out there to begin with
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Apr-13-21 10:07 AM
Dude was still noticeably off and he’d just came back from injury
2735412, what a bummer, man...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Apr-13-21 10:13 AM
I was always a fan, but I became an even bigger fan of his with not only his play, but how he carried himself in the bubble. Too bad.
2735401, watching Ben lock up Luka is always fun
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Apr-13-21 07:47 AM
I would enjoy an entire series of it
2735460, Kuz went to the rack hard for once and got his first poster (;_;)
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Apr-13-21 08:19 PM
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1382138851217448960

def expected this to be some out of control layup that lands in row 3
2735488, Bismack gotta be safe, out there...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Apr-14-21 07:48 AM
Russ put him through the floor, like a week ago.
2735489, Man, we ain’t shit...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Apr-14-21 07:53 AM
but watching Lou Dort get better and better is pretty cool.
2735496, scary shit...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Apr-14-21 08:39 AM
https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1382206602997039104?s=19
2735578, seriously are they repressing information on covid with athletes?
Posted by Reeq, Thu Apr-15-21 05:08 AM
i mean we seen folks like cam fall off a cliff after getting it. and theres really no discussion about whats actually going on with their bodies after they supposedly 'recover'.

a dude in the ufc had to pull out of a fight *months* after he caught covid and he posted a pic of blood he was still coughing up in the sink.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvcCf6RWgAY6Vxi?format=jpg&name=medium

that was actually the *rescheduled* fight that he pulled out of after he already pulled out of his original fight when he caught covid. crazy to think they scheduled a new fight and he was training again with his lungs obviously still fucked up.

back when they were debating whether play different sports seasons...there was this drip of information starting to come out about 'long covid', myocarditis, and the long term damage the virus was inflicting on athletes. pac 10 and big 10 medical professionals were supposedly sounding the alarm (one likened it to the titanic). then nothing.

a u of florida college basketball player collapsed from a cardiac event due to myocarditis (after testing positive for covid months before). he had to be put into a medically induced coma. and everybody just went about their business like it wasnt a big deal. no real concern from universities or coaches about *their* college athletes.

and now we *just* hear about tatums issues 3 months after he caught covid.

why isnt anyone really talking?
2735580, whatever happened with that kid?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Apr-15-21 08:30 AM

>a u of florida college basketball player collapsed from a
>cardiac event due to myocarditis (after testing positive for
>covid months before). he had to be put into a medically
>induced coma. and everybody just went about their business
>like it wasnt a big deal. no real concern from universities
>or coaches about *their* college athletes.
2735589, excerpt from an ESPN article...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-15-21 09:43 AM
Like most of his teammates, Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 during the summer. The coronavirus can lead to myocarditis, a viral infection of the heart muscle.

EDITOR'S PICKS

"University of Florida Health treating physicians consulted with other local and national experts who reviewed the relevant imaging and testing related to this case," the family's statement said. "The unanimous conclusion of all experts is that Keyontae's medical emergency was not related to or a result of a previous or current Covid diagnosis."

According to the statement, the consultation team included physicians from the Cardiac and Vascular Institute of Gainesville, University of Washington Center for Sports Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital at Harvard University, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Yale University School of Medicine.

The school has not disclosed Johnson's diagnosis and hasn't said what caused him to collapse in December. Since rejoining the team later that month, Johnson has been on the Gators' sideline but has not competed. He will not play again this season, according to his family, and will focus on his recovery.

"We continue to be committed to sharing any information that could be helpful to others. Our hope is that the experts' conclusion that this instance is not Covid-related will bring some peace of mind," the family's statement read. "Our focus now is on Keyontae's academics and continued recovery. His resilience has been inspiring to watch. He will spend the rest of the season focused on being the best coach and teammate he can be. What comes next for Keyontae is for him to share on his own timeline."
2735579, Nash plays KD vs Minny, but sits him vs us...?
Posted by bentagain, Thu Apr-15-21 08:08 AM
Once the Minny game was rescheduled to a back to back

It makes no sense to play KD vs the worst team in the league

and then sit him the next day vs the team you're tied with for the 1 seed in a tiebreaker game

It was also really weird watching 'Rie on the bench when the game was close in the last few minutes of the game

Nash f'd allthewayup(c)...will anyone call him out on it?
2735583, The Nets need to be fined by the NBA and Adam Silver
Posted by guru0509, Thu Apr-15-21 08:39 AM
This load management bullshit is getting egregious now . I understand Harden but what the fuck has Blake Griffin done all season to warrant the rest ? Or Aldridge ? Kyrie taking days off now for Ramadan? Even Shareef Abdur Rahim , Mahmoud Abdul Raouf and Hakeem didn’t do that

They’re lucky there’s barely anyone in the stadium , I wonder if they would sit this much under normal circumstances

>
>*skatin' the rings of saturn*
>
>
>..and miles to go before i sleep...
2735587, I think the lack of continuity will hurt them in the long run, we all know...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Apr-15-21 09:25 AM
the big 3 will do their thing offensively, but how Nash balances the other guys into a cohesive unit when everybody is healthy will be interesting
2735656, I can honestly see Philly or Milwaukee beating them....nm
Posted by guru0509, Thu Apr-15-21 08:45 PM
>the big 3 will do their thing offensively, but how Nash
>balances the other guys into a cohesive unit when everybody is
>healthy will be interesting
2735603, ...you were saying?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Apr-15-21 10:17 AM
2735604, Lol I didn’t know he was dealing with heart issues .
Posted by guru0509, Thu Apr-15-21 10:18 AM
I am not privy to the medical / health details of Nets players
2735610, Nah I know. I’m kidding. But...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Apr-15-21 11:13 AM
The influx of injuries this year is crazy. I don’t blame players one bit for load managing.
2735612, was just reading this article, last night....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Apr-15-21 11:17 AM
obviously, nothing to do with LMA, though....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/concern-over-jamal-murrays-knee-injury-evokes-reminders-of-shortened-2012-nba-season/

Concern over Jamal Murray's knee injury evokes reminders of shortened 2012 NBA season

The NBA has dealt with accusations of a condensed schedule leading to more injuries before

By Gabriel Fernandez
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:14 pm ET
3 min read

One of the NBA's young stars has just gone down with a torn ACL. Fans, and even some players, are placing blame on the condensed schedule as of late for the wear and tear that could have led to this. In other news around the country, spring is in full swing, and Barack Obama is revving up for his reelection campaign against Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee. The year is 2012.

You'd be forgiven for reading those first two sentences and immediately thinking it was referring to the present-day situation. Jamal Murray's torn ACL has led some to wonder if the condensed schedules teams have had to play recently had anything to do with it. In fact, some have wondered if other injuries to players like Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, LaMelo Ball, James Wiseman, Gordon Hayward and Victor Oladipo could also be attributed to them.

That "some" isn't just fans speculating online, it also includes New Orleans Pelicans player Josh Hart.

But a very similar scenario played out the same way in 2012. Back then, the young star in question was Derrick Rose, who suffered his infamous torn ACL in Game 1 of the playoffs against the Philadelphia 76ers that would go on to be the first domino to fall in his injury-plagued career. After Rose went down along with Iman Shumpert, who also suffered a torn ACL that same postseason weekend -- both of those injuries happened shortly after Dwight Howard required season-ending back surgery -- players and coaches pointed the finger at that year's condensed schedule.

With the lockout-shortened season, teams had to play 66 games in the span of about four months. Bulls teammate Joakim Noah said the schedule "probably" led to more injuries that season. Sixers coach Doug Collins went even further and said "I don't think there's any question," that one contributed to the other. Knicks guard Baron Davis said that players "really never got the ample amount of time to rest and heal their bones because you're fighting for playoff position," but also noted that freak injuries happen in basketball. On the media side, former player Jalen Rose offered his take on the subject.

Then-commissioner David Stern said in no uncertain terms that there was "zero" connection between injuries to players like Rose and the condensed schedule, noting that the number of players suffering torn ACLs prior to the playoffs (three) was below the seasonal average (five) and that the injury rate was roughly the same as a normal 82-game season. A spokesman for the NBA even added that "team doctors and athletic trainers" were consulted "about best practices and planning for injuries" with regards to the schedule.

Just as it was then, the league does seem to have a case in denying the connection between the schedule and the slate of injuries. For example, though the Nuggets did play five games in seven days, Murray played in zero of those first four, going eight days between outings. On a weekly basis, teams have been playing 3.6 games per week, and while that's up from 3.42 last season, the difference is marginal. Take that to a monthly level, and the difference between this year and last is an extra 48 minutes, or one game, for each team. Also, if you use the ACL tear metric that Stern used, the number this year (four) is still below the average threshold of five.

Shortly after Rose's injury, Bleacher Report analyzed the 2012 concerns and discovered that "players missed substantially fewer games this year than two years prior." At the same time, the analysis also found that the leading scorers for each team missed more games than those same last two years. In 2021, with the season not quite over, things sort of feel the same. As Jasmyn Wimbish noted in an NBA injury update for CBS Sports, "While there haven't been as many season-ending injuries as we've seen in the past, it always feels like a star player is missing two or three weeks due to a nagging injury suffered in a game or practice."

The numbers from this year obviously remain to be seen as of this posting, but the trend in parallels is clear. What does this ultimately mean? Well in 2012, this discussion eventually died down as the following season came and went, and wild accusations of Stern's regime grinding players into dust during the lockout year were hardly even blips on retrospectives of his tenure. The conclusion was that it happened, but didn't matter enough to be a drawn-out issue. Things could be different in 2021, but given how things have gone so far, it's hard to imagine the outcries of Adam Silver facing some sort of responsibility for a perceived problem will lead to anything substantial.
2735609, Better this than the Shaq getting surgery in September technique
Posted by Castro, Thu Apr-15-21 11:08 AM
2735591, Lamarcus Aldridge retiring due to an irregular heartbeat.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Apr-15-21 09:55 AM
So sad. Glad nothing really bad happened but what a bummer way to end a great career.
2735722, Yeah, very sad
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Apr-17-21 09:56 PM
Thankfully, he survived. Hopefully, his health stabilizes now that his body won't be under the stress it was while he was active.

He had a really good career; just short of 20K points. Someone on Brian Windhorst's podcast said something interesting - LMA made 5 All-NBA teams when there was really intense competition for those forward slots.

A ring would have been nice, but he did virtually everything else during his career.

*tips cap*
2735622, LaVine will miss several games. Safety Protocol.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Apr-15-21 01:48 PM
Top 4 Protected lottery pick currently at 14%.
Hoping to get that up to 20% or 26%.
2735623, Isn’t is based off their position at the time of the trade?
Posted by allStah, Thu Apr-15-21 02:13 PM
Any position after that is irrelevant, right?

So more than likely it will end up being a middle pick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1375128022764912650

2735747, No, it's W/L record at the end of the season.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Sun Apr-18-21 02:02 PM
If they ran the draft order today
AND, the Bulls didn't win the lottery
they'd have the #9 pick and it would go to the Magic.

But without LaVine, their percentage of landing a top 4 pick (which is protected) is growing.
2735686, I emotionally checked out for the season
Posted by mista k5, Fri Apr-16-21 05:35 PM
There have been some fun games but I think that peaked before the all-star break. Since around then it has been mostly frustrating to watch and follow this team.

Hopefully it's a productive offseason and they can start properly building. I wonder how many players that started the season on the team will still be with them when next season stars.
2735688, you gotta support your team through thick or thin. Bro
Posted by allStah, Fri Apr-16-21 06:10 PM
2735697, Bulls fan for life
Posted by mista k5, Sat Apr-17-21 02:17 AM
I stuck with them after Jordan, will stick with them through this. I just stopped expecting them to be good this year.

Still checking the box score but won't go out of my way to watch their games the rest of the year.
2735685, I can’t recall a time in the NBA when so many superstars
Posted by allStah, Fri Apr-16-21 05:16 PM
were out due to incurring freak injuries.

Lebron’s ankle got rolled on during a loose ball play.

Murray went up for a routine layup and tore his ACL.

Mitchell twisted his ankle because he landed awkwardly after
going after the ball.

Embid hyperextended his knee while landing...He has since returned,
and is now healthy.

2735704, So the Knicks have not been holding formal practices
Posted by Castro, Sat Apr-17-21 08:12 AM
What happens when things open back up...will Thibs go back to his fake Pat Riley drill sergeant routine???????
2735724, Really good Saturday night Primetime game
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Apr-17-21 09:59 PM
Celtics up by 1 with under a minute to go. Both Curry and Tatum over 40.
2735726, steph turned his ankle like 90 degrees and still made some big shots
Posted by poetx, Sat Apr-17-21 10:24 PM
through double teams in the stretch.

tatum's progression, man. he on some other shit. elevator still going up for him.

i hope jta is alright. helluva hustle play and sacrificed his body.

laceration and concussion protocol.

steph, tho. 10 games > 30. 3 games w/ 10+ 3's in one week???

what he's doing with no other reliable shooter on the floor is incredible.

kemba balled out. he been a bucket. glad he played through that tough stretch and is really playing comfortably now.

on another dubs note, gp2 did a great job on that short stretch d'ing up kemba, b/c he was cooking steph for a hot minute.

i love wiggins. he more than had his hands full on defense. on offense though, it's like, you need 8? he gonna give you 18. you need 30? he gonna give you 18.

poole had a couple big turnovers / doing too much moments, but i still love his development this year. he also had some big buckets when nobody else was doing much.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2735730, LMAO...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Apr-18-21 12:19 AM

>i love wiggins. he more than had his hands full on defense. on
>offense though, it's like, you need 8? he gonna give you 18.
>you need 30? he gonna give you 18.

ha!

..and miles to go before i sleep...aaa
2735776, He's the Ernest Byner of the NBA
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Apr-18-21 09:48 PM
n/m
2735725, Solid double-header on ESPN to close out the week...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Apr-17-21 10:21 PM
..My beloved Lakers showing poise and balance against the Jazz.

Tatum out-dueling Curry & Co. in Boston.

Currently pulling up on the final 2 minutes of Memphis upsetting Giannis in Milwaukee.

2735731, JT is at the point where there’s almost no real way to defend him...
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Apr-18-21 02:40 AM
you just have to hope he isn’t on.
2735741, his bag getting bigger and bigger. he smoove and relentless w/ it.
Posted by poetx, Sun Apr-18-21 01:38 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2735753, Steph commented after the game...
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Apr-18-21 02:48 PM
that you can tell the game has slowed down for him. Combine that with his gifts and maturation (he just turned 23 in March)...sheesh.
2735771, ^^All of this^^
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Apr-18-21 07:17 PM

2735744, supposedly he's STILL dealing with COVID issues too
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Apr-18-21 01:43 PM
he uses an inhaler before every game. Never had to before he got sick.
2735750, Yep...I posted that above, about the inhaler...
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Apr-18-21 02:28 PM
so crazy. I feel like most people see an athlete has COVID, comes back, life goes on...we may never know the full extent for most of these guys.
2735745, Crazy thing he grew 2-3 inches over the summer.
Posted by allStah, Sun Apr-18-21 01:48 PM
It took him a minute, especially with Covid, to get used to that new size.

He had looked a little slow even before getting Covid. He didn’t have that same
quickness. His center of gravity is now higher, so he had to adjust some.

Still not as quick, but is stronger and can now shoot over anyone.

2735749, Crazy thing is.... he didn't. Even crazier? How easy this was to debunk.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Apr-18-21 02:26 PM
Crazier still, is the fact that the original source of this myth is the person who debunked it.

2735751, with all due respect, man...
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Apr-18-21 02:32 PM
.this simply isn’t true. He’s 6’8” and has been 6’8”. Brad Stevens jokingly said he looked 6’10”, because of his length. COVID hit him hard, no doubt...but this higher center of gravity stuff is just not true.
2735757, Its cool.
Posted by allStah, Sun Apr-18-21 03:16 PM
I stand corrected. I was just going off what they reported over the
air. I didn’t look it up after that. And they didnt say anything about
it being bullshit analysis.

I didn’t expect basketball analysis to spew something false.

I mean for something to bullshit he kept stating it in interviews,
Which led to actual analysis.

"I'm pretty sure I said that in like July in jest, and I was just talking about it in terms of, he's long, he's active," Stevens said. "And it decided to have legs in early December, which was an interesting media study or social media study of its own, I guess."

“Stevens again referred to Tatum as 6-foot-10 earlier this month, which led to a couple misleading tweets, which led to HeightGate.”

So it wasn’t some shit pulled out of thin air. This shit was actually being reported.
2735761, Bam!
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Apr-18-21 04:54 PM
2735777, great posession by bam
Posted by bearfield, Mon Apr-19-21 12:34 AM
well under control, not hurried, very calm. that's all-nba material right there

kyrie hero-balled BKN out of a win. missed 3 of 4 shots in the last 4 posessions. they should have tried to get at least one clean look for shamet, who was the shamet version of lights out. kryie reminded me of late-game KD where he gets impatient and takes an awful contested shot with 17 seconds left on the shot clock. just wasteful, unnecessary, and in this case costly

2735780, should've been an all-star
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Apr-19-21 07:20 AM