Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Alester Black/Malaki Black/Tommy End showed up at AEW
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2742628
2742628, RE: Alester Black/Malaki Black/Tommy End showed up at AEW
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jul-08-21 03:02 PM
>
>>Wwe needs to cool it with the length on no competes in most
>>situations right now anyway. When they’ve shelved folks
>for
>>months on end before releasing them a lot of the time,
>another
>>90 days seems kinda extra. And with some folks being
>>programmed to think wwe is the only rasslin on earth, it’s
>>even worse. Folks will slog through bad raw eps every week
>but
>>still watch that over just about anything else..even NXT.
>
>It's interesting, because after the latest round of WWE
>lay-offs a few weeks ago, I read somewhere that they were
>thinking about relaxing the no-compete clauses for those who
>got terminated. I have no idea if it was real, or them to
>trying things positively for them, or getting ahead of Black
>showing up somewhere else.

It seems like they've been letting some folks slide lately so maybe that story has some truth to it. And like we keep saying, no one is anywhere near 'catching up' with them. AND if wrestling gets bigger and better ANYWHERE, it will eventually benefit WWE because of their resources. Nobody can do anything that WWE can't figure out how to copy with other folks involved. Or, like usual, they can just buy people out and bring them into the fold. They never really stopped doing it. They have so many ROH folks for instance. And recently, lots of Impact folks are on the scene.

I'm interested to see that Braun hasn't shown up anywhere after he allegedly had 0 no-compete days as a part of his release. Maybe that 'big dude on a movie' plan is what he's truly working on. Or maybe he's gonna show up and slam Omega or whoever NJPW's champ is through a floor by the end of the end of the year and folks are just trying to set it up properly.