Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don’t think he’s selling, I think he’s just obsessed with profits
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2741468
2741468, I don’t think he’s selling, I think he’s just obsessed with profits
Posted by pretentious username, Sat Jun-26-21 11:49 AM
2020 was their most profitable year. They cut people to keep the projected profits on track, cause they don’t want to say to the shareholders “We expect to make ____.” and then come back to them with “Actually we made 5 percent less.” It’s so dumb, but we’re seeing more of the same in 2021.

I will say that at least most of these cuts make some sense. They were never gonna do anything with a guy like Sabatelli (for some reason they brought him back after cutting him last year or the year before). Breezango hurts, but I think they’ve done everything they were gonna do in WWE.

I’m confused by Everrise and Killian Dain though. They had some fun things going on with NXT lately. I wouldn’t say they were the most essential members of the roster, but I just don’t get when people are getting plenty of screen time, making the most of it, and you cut them anyway.

Also, RE: selling… the Masked Man put it best. I’m paraphrasing but his point was “I think every few years he just likes to see what someone WOULD pay for WWE if it were for sale”