Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMan…. Kross just does not fit NXT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2740105
2740105, Man…. Kross just does not fit NXT
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Jun-13-21 10:05 PM
It’s not that NXT should be all little guys (Keith Lee and Dijakovic fit perfectly) but you gotta have a decent set of skills for the NXT audience to accept you. Kross retaining the title didn’t even get boos, just seemed like the crowd collectively sighed, which is worse.

I swear I’m not just trying to shit on the guy cause he doesn’t fill the indie wrestler bingo card or whatever. I think the presence is there and the presentation only needs some small tweaks. I’m just saying his act fits Raw 100x better than it does NXT.

EDIT: Sorry to be so negative. It was a good show overall. Main event delivered other than the result being obvious and kinda uninspiring. Opening match was all action. Xia/Mercedes was... interesting? I tuned out for most of Knight/Grimes, but I think Knight winning is the better story.

I enjoyed the twists and turns of the women's title match and RG retaining is the right call (though you could argue RG should be more dominant). That's sorta where my view of Kross comes from actually: I think RG is the more worthwhile "big dominant champ" experiment.