Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMore WWE releases - 6/2/2021 - Braun Strowman!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2738859
2738859, More WWE releases - 6/2/2021 - Braun Strowman!?
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Jun-02-21 11:41 AM
They released Braun Strowman!?

They also released Aleister Black right after they finally let him out of the promo closet to actually do something. He's good enough to be useful elsewhere in my opinion. And he's not old/done/washed/whatever. He's healthy, trimmed down, and ready to roll.

Also, Ruby Riott, Lana, Santan Garrett, and Buddy Murphy got let go.

Ruby, in my eyes, always seemed to deserve better than what she got even though injuries didn't help. I hope she gets a good spot somewhere.

Buddy Murphy is good and he's 32. And he's a good match machine who could be fun if he just shows up somewhere and cranks out the good matches and is at least occasionally taken seriously. Kinda like Neville/Pac.

But again...Braun Strowman!? There has to be a story there. I just wonder how much of it we'll hear. And will folks be ready to force him into retirement/cancellation over it. Imagine what kind of money he is going to fetch as a free agent if some ridiculously bad story doesn't come out about him.

He is the type who could show up on AEW, slam Kenny Omega damn near through the ring at the beginning of an episode and then just be champ for 2 years. No train noises and shit either. Just a big ass dude whooping everyone's ass and people coming up with all sorts of shit to try to beat him until someone finally figures out a way to get the title away from him. He could do the same thing in New Japan too. Now we wait to see what the story is.