Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhile that's all true, I thought the show as a whole was really good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2738636
2738636, While that's all true, I thought the show as a whole was really good
Posted by mrhood75, Mon May-31-21 01:30 AM
Like, Cody vs. Ogogo was clearly the lowlight of the night, and the "American Dream" shit went over like a wet fart (It'll go over worse the more that they travel outside of the red states). And either Ogogo wasn't ready or Cody was the wrong person for him to work with in this situation. Or both.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that show. Opener of Page vs. Cage was white hot. Tag team title match was crazy over and Moxley and Kngston were clearly having a blast. Battle Royale was a bit meandering and lacking in star power, but I was very happy Jungle Boy is going to get his shot. Plus, Lio Rush is a dope pick-up. Archer vs. Miro was a solid hoss fight. Baker finally getting the title was great. Sting/Allin vs. Page/Sky waaaay over-delivered. Omega/Pac/Orange was much better than I ever expected it would be, especially considering the build-up was shit. And the Stadium Stampede features a lot more viciousness, and turned Sammy into a star.

So yeah, Cody is kinda useless and only seems sorta committed to doing any of this anymore. But the rest of the roster pretty thoroughly delivers in the ring when the chips are down.