Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAlright, I’m officially on the “Cody sucks” train
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2738614
2738614, Alright, I’m officially on the “Cody sucks” train
Posted by pretentious username, Sun May-30-21 09:08 PM
A year ago I was among those that thought he was doing a slow heel turn, but now it’s clear he’s actually just delusional. That promo from a couple weeks ago was the icing on the cake.

He’s not all bad of course, he just thinks he can do more than he can. He tells some good stories, especially with people he has a personal connection to. The problem is he thinks he can elevate lesser known guys, indie talent, etc. just by them being in the ring with (and losing to) him. Man... to parody HHH and then become a worse version of him? That sucks!

Not that Ogogo was impressive or anything. If anything, this win made more sense than some other Cody wins, but the spot it was given had me scratching my head. Ogogo wasn’t ready and Cody doesn’t have enough charisma to put it over on his own. The American Dream schtick sank like a stone in 2021. I thought the Florida crowd would eat it up, but not really.