Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: i think he wants freedom to jump to japan/mexican feds a bit too.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2737205
2737205, RE: i think he wants freedom to jump to japan/mexican feds a bit too.
Posted by jimaveli, Sun May-16-21 01:21 PM
>

Wwe should let him (and a few others) do it. If more people watch and enjoy wrestling, WWE is ultimately going to win out on it more than any other wrestling company on earth. This is clear and obvious to me. And I think Vince knows it too. IE: all of the podcasts out there, Dark Side of the ring, Jericho on Stone Cold podcast, all of that tells me that wwe generally gets that good wrestling stuff anywhere generally leads back to them somehow someway. Every other company is basically a farm system. It is also a testing ground for stuff that wwe can figure out how to steal and execute about as well if not obviously better. Ie: Matt Hardy movie matches. Ie2: all of the smaller indy main event guys that wwe snapped up who now have made nxt wonderful and helped fill out every main roster card wwe does for like the last 10 years.

To me, this should be the next phase..cutting some guys to let them free and working out deals with a Daniel Bryan to let him keep doing his wwe reality show shit but letting him go work in other places with some kind of notice/heads up...kinda like the Jericho stuff with New Japan but better cuz Bryan is like 10 years younger and can still fucking go without smoke and mirrors.

BUT

If the old school stuff and the ‘everything is mine’ Americana bullshit wins out, this won’t happen, Bryan will eventually sign again with WWE, work a mostly meaningless schedule on Raw, and folks will be saying he’s not good anymore after 3 more years of WWE wasting his remaining ring time. Maybe he’ll keep lurking around in production meetings and fix things from that angle?

AJ styles got mentioned as a part of this discussion already. And how about it. He’s been mostly useless since he gave Taker a great exit point movie match. It is very easy to forget how fun his post-TNA/pre-WWE existence was. Dude was everywhere working a bunch of good matches and it was a party...especially the New Japan shit.