Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBlood & Guts match was very good. But missed potential greatness
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2736650
2736650, Blood & Guts match was very good. But missed potential greatness
Posted by mrhood75, Thu May-06-21 01:32 PM
It had major heat in the beginning. The Pinnacle coming out all in white, while the Inner Circle rocked the jail suit was pretty bad-ass. They absolutely sold the hatred for each other. And the violence was pretty awesome for the most part. Some really great "Oh shit!" spots.

I think the big problem was it should have been the PPV, rather than TV. The ads REALLY fucked for the matches flow and dampen some of the impact. So Wardlow coming in and whopping the four Inner Circle at the same time did get to land right. Or FTR ripping up the ring. Or Tully Blanchard knocking out the ref to let out MJF. Having it on TV would have eliminated a lot of the standing around, especially towards the end.

I also didn't love how the match ended. And I don't mean Jericho getting thrown off the cage after it was over. Some are complaining about how fake it looked, but as others are pointing out, Hardy splatting himself on the concrete last summer was a really bad look.

I don't know if there's any type of rematch you do after this. And if there is, the Pinnacle should win that too.

Otherwise, the rest of the top of the card for AEW is a fucking mess. I have no idea where they're going with Moxley & Kingston vs. Omega, especially when they're deciding to go Omega/Orange Cassidy for the PPV. I guess they put Moxley and Kingston vs. the Bucks at the PPV, but I don't think that becomes a great match.