Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthey should let him wrestle globally.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2736639
2736639, they should let him wrestle globally.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu May-06-21 10:19 AM
At this point, they've squeezed most of the juice there is to squeeze out of Daniel Bryan haven't they?

So then who would be a better global ambassador for WWE than Daniel Bryan. Not just a guy who flies around the world and talks about how great WWE is, but a guy who actually goes out and DOES it, who proves that WWE's athletes are as good as Japan's or Mexico's and in turn alters the perception of how WWE guys can perform. I think WWE would need to stress to him the importance of being safe, but I also think at his age with two kids and a litany of surgeries behind him he'd be responsible enough on his own too.

If you're Vince, you keep him under contract, away from AEW, and use him as your global wrestling mascot. Both the WWE and DB would come out of that unique arrangement feeling like they've both won. Promise him X amounts of international dates a year and make him contractually obligated to appear at Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

The counterpoint is that it sets a precedent. "You let Daniel Bryan work the Tokyo Dome, why can't I?" I get it. But you make this one-time exception and you deal with the rest of the boys on a case by case basis. (Hell, they should do this with AJ Styles too).

He'd become a traveling attraction who can GO, somewhere between Bruno Sammartino and Bret Hart.