Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: this Stone Cold A&E doc is great stuff
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735802
2735802, RE: this Stone Cold A&E doc is great stuff
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-19-21 10:46 AM
>

I hope the other ones are anywhere near this good. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the run-time went by fast af.

And yeah, I like that everyone somewhat clearly agreed that his run wasn’t as long as some others. The crazy thing about that? He missed a lot of time with injuries even during that ‘shorter’ run.

I do think folks should admit that his run was physically insane compared to some of the softer parts of some people’s runs. Ie: think of some parts of Hogan’s runs where he did more appearing than working. And it’s a stretch to call some of the squash matches during the 80s actual working compared to some of the out of hand tv matches folks throw out now. It makes more sense now due to no house shows but still.

The part about Owen where they make it clear that they talked about the piledriver spot beforehand was also wild and crazy. I regularly wonder how ridiculously good Austin’s run could’ve been if not for the major injuries. And I’m one of the folks who think his in-ring work is overlooked for how nuanced it could be..especially during his insecure heel days.