Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: 2 hours + Reigns is the shit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735705
2735705, RE: 2 hours + Reigns is the shit
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Apr-17-21 08:21 AM
>i assume they meddle a lot because i have no reason to
>believe the WWE can consistently put together good TV on their
>own

I can’t figure it out for sure. My current guess is that I like the show more because the best people on it are my favs and 2 hours instead of 3 means they won’t stretch a 5-minute segment into a 20-minute one most of the time. And that’s even with stuff like Bianca really going long yesterday. I love her, but c’mon you lovely hoss you...EST, you can do it if you keep trying, thanks Sasha, get that title baby, we want the smoke, leggo.

Right now, their Upper Midcard is pretty excellent too so that doesn’t hurt when you might get a random Sami Zayn/Daniel Bryan match in the middle of a show.

And I still fast fwd through hella stuff. IE: I hate that I miss most Street Profit matches cuz I don’t do Ziggler anything. And you know damn well I ain’t regularly watching Otis without Mandy Rose even tho his random 1-liners will get me sometimes.

I tell you what tho, I fucking love Head of the Table Roman Reigns. 3 years ago, I hated Vince for continuing to force Cena Jr-style Reigns on us. I was cussing angrily at Mania in New Orleans as he kept kicking out of F5s for instance. Now, this dude anchors a 2-hour show with one liners and face-making that have to make HHH jealous. And he’s only got one henchman and Paul as an all too willing gopher, and it still works. It also lets you know how cool Brock could’ve been if he could’ve been bothered to show up and try more. Him sitting in the chair looking annoyed/pissed/comfy and damn near whispering orders is the best shit going.

The best thing about him to me is that I know he can go when it’s go-time. He can pay off everything, even if he wins a match via cheating. Acknowledge me!? Oh man, that’s great heel shit. So good.