Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: it's just fascinating
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735408
2735408, RE: it's just fascinating
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Apr-13-21 09:49 AM
>
>you watch Wrestlemania and it's a smorgasbord of the senses.
>It's 10 times more elaborate of a production than anything
>else we have in pop culture...it's like the Dangerous tour on
>steroids
>
>and then, they get back to Raw and it's pretty clear they put
>the show together the day-of?
>
>Like, if the WWE sold tomorrow to Disney or WME or whoever
>wouldn't Vince bag like $5 Billion?
>
>It's remarkable really that this global entertainment
>enterprise, who puts on a spectacle as massive as
>Wrestlemania, who's valued in the billions, who's sitting on
>what is easily the most talented roster they've ever had...is
>this rudderless

I'm not sure that they should've put in a new announce team for it either.

Not having a crowd was a notable difference too.

But I'm with you. I do not understand why they would purposely sandbag their own show to this degree. And yes, I think they know these shows aren't anywhere near as good as their PPVs and some of it is deliberate. But I also think that they don't get how much that kills off some of their talent.

Either way, I don't know how they don't appreciate how important their 'coming out of a big show' shows are. A good/frantic/fun RAW after Mania could set them up to have a reasonably excited fanbase into the summer as they continue to tell their stories.

The Raw I just saw put me in the frame of mind to tune out of Raw again until around Summerfest on everything that isn't Lashley-related.

I get that they can't overdo it and risk creating a show that they can't duplicate every week. AKA 'killing the territory' by burning through all of their good matches and stories too fast. But there was so much 'this shouldn't be able to make it onto any Raw' type stuff that it drove me crazy even with fast-forwarding.

And if Mania is super important, I don't appreciate not having more focus on every person who won their matches. Maybe I wanted too much coming out of a good Mania, WWE just does what they do no matter what, and it is up to me to recognize when I need to be in on it (NXT, a lil Smackdown, and PPVs) and when I need to ignore them. IE: I was already mostly skipping Raw outside of occasional look-ins to know who is mad at who. I should probably continue that unless I want to end up hating the best roster they've ever had. It's not fair to them cuz the rasslers are mostly top shelf. The show's philosophy/ridiculous inefficiency is the problem.