Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSheamus/Riddle really needs more shine. They killed it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735357
2735357, Sheamus/Riddle really needs more shine. They killed it.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Apr-12-21 12:51 PM
And Riddle got made last night, IMO.

He's a little smaller, but he showed that he can have an A-grade Hoss Fight with a Boss-grade Hoss.

Yeah, I actually typed that shit, lmao.

I think Sheamus is sort of cursed with a relatively bland personality. But I've sung his praises for years on this, he's as good as big men get in this business. He'd be a very believable opponent for Brock, if they actually allowed him to be. He's had a handful of top-shelf Hoss brawls that are believable, hard hitting, and high quality matches.

No ladders or chairs needed, just a guy that will beat the ever loving dog shit out of someone- and who can also take that beating in return.

Guys like Road Warriors, who were as over as over gets in their territory, could believably beat the piss out of people, but nowhere near the level of work rate as Sheamus. Even his top rope moves are power based. Put him in with any hoss, from any era, at any time, and he's as good or better.

His persona is another story, but he's a top shelf worker IMO.

And for Riddle, at his size, to put on a match that brutal, with a guy like Sheamus- and to dish out equally hard hitting offense like that? He deserves serious praise for that. And I hope the fans, and brass, took notice.

The two main events rightly get their due. But this match was on par with those, work wise. Sheamus/Riddle lacks the extra story and character beats that made those matches the timeless, instant classics they are. But the work itself? holy hell. Fantastic.