Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Solid bunch of matches with an incredible main event
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735280
2735280, RE: Solid bunch of matches with an incredible main event
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Apr-11-21 09:32 AM
>I was zooming with a few friends and we were chatting the
>whole time up till the last match. We were mostly silent
>during Banks/Belair cause none of us wanted to miss a single
>move.
>
>Rain delay really could’ve ruined the mood for this show so
>credit to the wrestlers for pulling it together, cause it felt
>like some of them had to shave a few minutes off their
>matches. Only the women’s tag match felt like they were
>rushing through a script.

The thing I loved about the rain delay? The random ass interviews they did to fill time. It was EXCELLENT to see some of those folks getting to talk and vamp. It let me know that some of those folks could totally do good stuff if they got the freedom to talk with a couple of bullet points and no scripts.

And man, I can’t say enough about Belair. She’s just goddamn excellent. She’s gonna be a fun/good match machine for years to come it seems. She’s like the dream of Naomi more fully realized. Or, at the risk of blasphemy, a more clean-working/less green young Charlotte Flair. Whatever, she’s awesome, I love her, and I hope she’s big shit and important for years to come. I saw her and Sasha damn near about to cry it up at the beginning. I’ll allow it!

It’s crazy to me how WWE has almost obviously decided to throw their belts on some of their best athletes/biggest ‘looking’ folks. Aka look at the champs..it’s almost all hosses. It’s a great way to differentiate themselves from any other company in the world. They’re obviously the top dog by many many many miles but, to me, it’s smart of them to do this too while they are at it. It seems like a deliberate decision too. Am I crazy?