Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Are we enjoying this OReilly/Cole match?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735185
2735185, RE: Are we enjoying this OReilly/Cole match?
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Apr-09-21 09:16 AM
>Lots of cringe here...or am I hating

I don't think you're hating.

I love that they did a southern grudge match. It was VERY appropriate for the situation. But the problem with those then and now is like a good funk song: how do you end it? What kind of sequence of moves is 'enough' to have someone job for?

And then you get into stuff where someone is getting hit with a chain 15 times over 30 minutes and it is tough to stay into it unless folks really lay out a great/dramatic match.

And this one had a little HHH Epic match template going for it. You know: a 30-minute match that could've been 21 and the same point would've been made. In general, it is the WWE main event format that I dislike the most..yes, even more than the infinite specials: ON matches that Brock and other 'barely want to work' folks can't stop having.

Also, I think I love Killer/Karrion Kross so much that I was done for the night after he showed up and blunt force trauma'd Balor into the ground so wonderfully. Balor looked great fighting from underneath. Kross looked inevitable in the best way and it was good times.