Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'll admit that the top of AEW is a fucking mess right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735152
2735152, I'll admit that the top of AEW is a fucking mess right now
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Apr-08-21 01:24 PM
And by "top," I mean everything having to do with Omega/Young Bucks/Good Brothers.

Like, I don't know what the fuck is going on with the motivations/story-telling in main event last night, but it's all over place. So after now what's fourth months of build-up, the Young Bucks are "back" with the Bullet Club? I don't know why I'm supposed to be mad or even care. Especially since I'm assuming it's still going to be Bucks vs. Good Brothers at the May PPV. So eventually they're going to try again to sell everyone on them falling out AGAIN?

Reminds me of the build-up to Bucks vs. FTR, which also made no sense. However, that resulted in a great match. This? I dunno.

Mostly this convinces me even more than the Pinnacle needs to be at the top of the card. Which I figure happens after May anyway.

Most of the promos last night ran from good to great. Jericho's was all-timer. QT running down Cody was awesome. I liked Death Triangle laughing Best Friends holding a grudge a year later. I'm not happy with them breaking up Team Taz so early, but I am interested in seeing it unfold. I even dug Sting telling Jake and Archer to get their shit together.

But man, do they need to fix whatever is going on with Bucks/Omega/etc.