Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPer usual, the PPV will be great even if the build sucks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735071&mesg_id=2735080
2735080, Per usual, the PPV will be great even if the build sucks
Posted by pretentious username, Wed Apr-07-21 12:29 PM
This has been WWE's thing the last few years. Weekly TV is mostly meh to bad, but very few PPVs have disappointed. They threw together a lot of this card in the last couple weeks though, so I'm curious to see what the video packages are like.

>and maybe this
>cracks the door open for something even cooler down the road.

I doubt it. I agree with Punk's take that this just means Vince doesn't really view AEW as a threat. I don't see them doing any real collaboration with an outside company as long as Vince is at the helm.

>
>Will Ospreay is the NJPW mega/ultra/whatever heavyweight champ
>now.

Man, do I hate that title, and on a personal level I hate Ospreay, but I still can't argue with him getting a run as champ. He's an incredible wrestler, a guy you want to boo, and his change in style has been amazing to watch. The DV angle they ran with Bea Priestly was so gross though. They've made a lot of puzzling decisions in the last year and that's the worst. There are so many ways to get heel heat w/o doing shit like that, least of all when both of them were probably guilty of blacklisting an assault victim.

Thank god they cancelled Scurll's appearance at NJPW Strong though.

>I'm AM salty that Ricochet, Street Profits, Nakamura and
>Bayley don't have real spots on Mania week.

I'd rather see Bayley in Ripley's spot tbh. No disrespect to Ripley, but I'd rather they build her up rather than just have her issue a challenge and act heelish in her debut. Bayley is a heel, has history with Asuka, and carried the company for a long period. She deserves the spot.