Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti think its accepted as an unspoken reality at espn.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735058&mesg_id=2735662
2735662, i think its accepted as an unspoken reality at espn.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Apr-16-21 02:26 AM
you have various white analysts who are in on the con. then you have black analysts like marcus spears and desmond howard who obviously havent been given the assignment and basically roll their eyes and laugh in these other dudes faces.

mike tannenbaum is nothing more than a hired gun who does pr for whatever qb(s) hes paid to promote. his 'analysis' is barely even based on reality anymore.

not draft related...but mel kiper was still yelling indignantly about how the eagles were carson wentz team...literally until the day he got shipped out. you cant tell me he didnt have some financial stake in there somewhere.

i think johnny manziel kinda blew the lid off whatever scheme is being run between these experts and the agents. dude was pretty much coming up mediocre to bad on every metric but hand size (which nobody ever really cared about) and 'it factor' (which is laughably subjective). so thats all these white analysts keyed in on to sell him.

dude was physically and mentally limited. serious character issues all throughout his career. was partying and wasnt even working hard *during* the pre draft process. and some experts still decided to make a mockery of themselves by acting like he was ready to play at an elite level. meanwhile a generationally talented black qb literally gets criticized for 'smiling wrong' and theyre talking about how much of a risk it is to take him before the 2nd round lol.