Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnobody enough to feel strongly about
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2735058&mesg_id=2735391
2735391, nobody enough to feel strongly about
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-12-21 09:30 PM
and like I said before, I haven't watched this class like usual years so this is very casually informed based on watching the in-season games only (don't have a full opinion on the Payton Turners and so on).

but...

Jayson Oweh (who I'm assuming you meant, funnily enough I thought Gross-Matos was another Penn State DE that never was as dominant as he looked) has some pretty rare traits but his leverage is junk and he can't get off blocks cleanly right now due to bad hands.

which is coachable in theory -- but man, how much coaching does it take to get a clean jump off the snap? I fear his workout is going to garner a big price in this thin class, and you may hit big on him or you may be paying for a Marcus Davenport-esque tease.

Jaelen Phillips also had a nice workout and I like him better than Rousseau, but he seems light in the ass and his upside is more of a "starter" to me. fair or not, the fact he already retired from football once will give plenty of organizations pause.

wait. Azeez Ojulari is about the only eligible prospect that stands out to me from last season. maybe SEC bias but I thought he was damn good last year and unlike most of these projects, he actually shows innate pass rushing skill. too bad he doesn't have the frame or great testing numbers, but at least he has actual in-game performances.